Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:19
WILLIAMS SET FOR STOKE LOAN

Everton centre back Ashley Williams is due to arrive at Stoke City’s training ground this afternoon ahead of a medical.

Sky sources understand the agreement with the Toffees will see the 33-year old Wales international move on loan to the Championship club for the season.
Manager Gary Rowett told Sky Sports News earlier this week that he still needed more defensive cover before the window closes.

We also understand that Everton are in talks with Stoke City over a deal to take midfielder Badou N'Diaye to Goodison Park,

A great day for the parish

If Williams is defo off, that leaves us needing at least 2 new CB’s

*not that I think we will manage to get 2.

In terms of contribution to the squad, one in for Williams and Mori out is just fine. It's not really about numbers.

Why we need two CBs is because Keane is proving he simply isn't up to scratch in a high line.

However, I think it'll be Jags, Holgate, Keane and a new signing until January, and we'll see from there.

All CB's with less than a year on their contract, Not all are my choice but thought i would list a few -Ben Mee, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, David Luiz, Jan Vertonghen, Diego Godin

In terms of contribution to the squad, one in for Williams and Mori out is just fine. It's not really about numbers.

Why we need two CBs is because Keane is proving he simply isn't up to scratch in a high line.

However, I think it'll be Jags, Holgate, Keane and a new signing until January, and we'll see from there.
Yeah I suspect as much too.

The thought of going into the start of the season with Jags and Keane as our CB pairing is giving me the fear.

Aye, might as well try for two of the best CBs in world football while we're at it...

I think Cahill wouldnt be a bad shout, ( I was just looking up cb's with less than a year to go, not that i expect us to sign them, just like i wouldnt be happy with about 4 names on that list)

I’d far rather spend the cash on Lascelles than Rojo, though wouldn’t say no to a punt on Rojo as a loan with option to buy if he doesn’t turn out as much of a liability I worry he’d be. I still think we’d be short 1 CB if that business is done, if we’re gonna play 3 at the back. I think we’ll struggle to get 2 in, so either Marco needs a rethink on his formation, a youth player could be an injury away from getting chucked in at the deep end or - the option that fills my pants with [Poor language removed] - Schneiderlin gets chucked in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back