Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great
..nice memory for Mrs Jazzy, always a fine footy School was De La Salle (although my school team beat them on the way to winning the Echo Cup in 1971). It’s an interesting discussion.

I always think being academically bright is a help in any field, but I also think Rooney is an intellectual footballer, although you’ll never see him on University Challenge. Without being harsh, I wouldn’t put Barkley in the same category.
Rooney is as thick as 2 short planks but has a fantastic footballing brain
It’s something you are born with and can’t be coached and if you have it , it can be improved on
Barkley is just thick , full stop

With Williams going to Stoke and Funes Mori already sold surely we have 2 CBs lined up , I reckon 1 will be from the names already mentioned but the other will be a surprise .

Still reckon one will do for now myself.

Keane, New CB, Jags and Holgate.

For me if we don’t sign a CM we might as well give up its huge. CM is vital and at the moment we have someone who downs his tools if it’s get tough, the other limited and Tom Davies a lot to prove.

The way Burnley play, sitting deep, suits the players that they have and the way they play.

It suited Keane and look at the mess he is when he has to play higher up.

All Burnley centre halves should be swerved imo, unless your gonna play the way they do.
Not disagreeing mate. Valid points.
It just we've been mentioned with him. Hopefully we don't go for him. But if we do, getting fleeced again, for a player with only 12 mths on his contract would make it worse again.

Still reckon one will do for now myself.

Keane, New CB, Jags and Holgate.

For me if we don’t sign a CM we might as well give up its huge. CM is vital and at the moment we have someone who downs his tools if it’s get tough, the other limited and Tom Davies a lot to prove.
Could just be one centre back as you say. But for me we need two.
As for CM? I agree. That needs shaking up.

Great

Rooney is as thick as 2 short planks but has a fantastic footballing brain
It’s something you are born with and can’t be coached and if you have it , it can be improved on
Barkley is just thick , full stop

A brutal assessment but, ultimately not far short of spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back