Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
just been chatting to one of my mates in Newcastle who is a big barcodes fan, he was saying that Rafael is really p'd off at the minute over players not coming in, apparently been told to sell before buying (where have we heard that?)
Rumour is that Lascelles will be offered for sale in the coming days to try and free some cash, Rafael doesn't want to sell, but may have to in order to get more bodies in.
I asked what Lascelles was like as my mate is a season ticket holder and travels away etc, he reckons he will captain England, born leader, strong character.
He was very positive and I was almost paying the money myself and then he said "at this time he needs an experienced head around him, just to settle him down when it's a big game, he gets a bit reckless" at this point, I put my wallet away.
From the limited amount of times that I have seen him, I would much prefer Lascelles to Rojo, he does look like a rising star with the right attitude.

..I think Newcastle played last night. Listening to his interview afterwards, Benitez looked ready to walk out on them.

Still reckon one will do for now myself.

Keane, New CB, Jags and Holgate.

For me if we don’t sign a CM we might as well give up its huge. CM is vital and at the moment we have someone who downs his tools if it’s get tough, the other limited and Tom Davies a lot to prove.
If it's Just one than I feel sorry for him as he is going to have to do the work of 2

Still reckon one will do for now myself.

Keane, New CB, Jags and Holgate.

For me if we don’t sign a CM we might as well give up its huge. CM is vital and at the moment we have someone who downs his tools if it’s get tough, the other limited and Tom Davies a lot to prove.
Jagielka has fallen off a cliff (about 3 years ago), Keane has the turning circle of the Titanic and the speed of a tortoise and Holgate is uncomfortable in the air, although I'd say our best CB right now. We most definitely need 2 more CB's. Whether we get them is another thing, but I think we will.

Chuck £30m at Newcastle for Lascelles. They won't accept that but it'll get Ashley's podgy ear. If we get him for south for £40m it'd be a fantastic signing and even better might get Rafael to quit. Make it so Marcel.

The people do enjoy a good CRUSHING tho.

We always give the people what they want.

Take that back to Mod Central Office.

Mod Central Office has convened and discussed at length your response, and after cigars, port and a slice of Groucho's homemade battenburg the general consensus of opinion is that the only person in serious danger of being crushed is probably yer missus if you roll over in bed :bye:

Still think we'll be getting someone in at the back that we've not been linked with/haven't heard of. Marcel knows his onions (hopefully his CB's too). Rojo and Gibson the most likely otherwise I think. Rojo looks like it may be a goer.

Really hope the Vlasic stuff is a loan. Lad is only, what, 20? He's shown he has more ability than most of our squad but is young. Needs to get game time, if that isn't here, ok. But just giving him away would be daft.

And I thought that was part of the reason for a DoF? To make sure the manager doesn't just bin off promising players because he has an issue with it? Unless, of course, that is a discussion they have had and it's agreed? All a bit odd honestly. He was one of the most promising youngsters in world football about a year ago and now he's not good enough for our 8th place, VERY average squad?

Really hope the Vlasic stuff is a loan. Lad is only, what, 20? He's shown he has more ability than most of our squad but is young. Needs to get game time, if that isn't here, ok. But just giving him away would be daft.

And I thought that was part of the reason for a DoF? To make sure the manager doesn't just bin off promising players because he has an issue with it? Unless, of course, that is a discussion they have had and it's agreed? All a bit odd honestly. He was one of the most promising youngsters in world football about a year ago and now he's not good enough for our 8th place, VERY average squad?

Has he though? I've tried to convince myself that he has something, but I fear he's mince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back