Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get stick no doubt but I'd have Rondon from West brom everyday of the week as a squad player.

His goal scoring record is actually really good throughout his career in decent leagues, very good with his back to goal, links up play very well, great touch, strong as an ox and pretty fast. The way he absolutely battered and bullied our back line in the last game was quite something albeit he was up against dross. A very good and potentially cheapish recruitment. A player I like a lot.
I’d be devastated if we got Rondon.

Some of the names being mooted make my soul weep.

First things first, we need to bin players off, I’d get rid of the following before I even thought about signing players;

Stekelenburg
Joel
Martina
Williams
Mangala
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Rooney
Bolasie
Mirallas
Niasse

Might as well give Davy and Sandro another go under a new regime who have a clue about footy. Oh and if Lookman is allowed to leave someone needs shooting.

Klaassen and Sandro should be the first out of the door!

Once again, I don't get the irrational hatred shown towards Shaquri. I think we will sign him, and that he will bring some much needed creativity to our side.

Wouldn't give a tenth of that for the no neck hobbit, he's a stocky miralles

I don't know man. Paying £13 million for a player that regularly scores and assists seems rather appealing when we are used to paying 23 million for players that can't score, assist, or even make the bench.

We are dying for creativity and he is a creative player. He's a bit arrogant and a bit gobby, but I think we need a bit of that and it shouldn't detract from his footballing ability. I can see us being in for him for sure.

Klaassen and Sandro should be the first out of the door!

Once again, I don't get the irrational hatred shown towards Shaquri. I think we will sign him, and that he will bring some much needed creativity to our side.

Jebus! Of course it would, creativity once out of every six to eight games, he is uber gash!

I don't know man. Paying £13 million for a player that regularly scores and assists seems rather appealing when we are used to paying 23 million for players that can't score, assist, or even make the bench.

We are dying for creativity and he is a creative player. He's a bit arrogant and a bit gobby, but I think we need a bit of that and it shouldn't detract from his footballing ability. I can see us being in for him for sure.
Too inconsistent, and he really is a bellend.

Wouldn't mind seeing us pay Stoke 13 mil though for them to take bolasie off our hands

Jebus! Of course it would, creativity once out of every six to eight games, he is uber gash!

8 goals and 6 assists in 35 games in an awful Stoke side. When Barkley was providing such returns, we had people valuing him at 50 million pound. He's not gash, and I think he would improve us.

I remember people saying N'Zonzi was gash at Stoke, in fact people still say it now despite it not being true at all. I can remember people laughing at me for saying that N'Zonzi was streets ahead of James McCarthy, as people had him down as being some kind of world beater at the time.

Just no, god no!

We have Lookman desperately waiting for game time, there is Dowell who is worth a run of games. We have onyekuro who is similar to Lookman.
If Shaqiri can’t influence a team like stoke to stay up, compare to how siggy almost single handedly Ensure the survival of Swansea last season, then I think Shaqiri is not even worth to consider.
Mate you have been pushing for us to sign him every thread, unhealthy obsession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back