Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no, god no!

We have Lookman desperately waiting for game time, there is Dowell who is worth a run of games. We have onyekuro who is similar to Lookman.
If Shaqiri can’t influence a team like stoke to stay up, compare to how siggy almost single handedly Ensure the survival of Swansea last season, then I think Shaqiri is not even worth to consider.
Mate you have been pushing for us to sign him every thread, unhealthy obsession?

Does being OTT come naturally to you? I haven't been pushing for us to sign him in every thread, but I know that he would improve us, and if he has this release clause then I think we should be all over it.

I've had enough of the Danny Cadamateri hype stories tbh. As if Dowell, Vlasic, Sandro or Klassen are anywhere near providing the type of return that Shaqiri has just provided to Stoke. Some of the other names may have some promise, but they're also more left sided players, and it will be Sigurdsson and Bolasie who will keep them out of the team, that's if Onyekuru even gets the opportunity to play in England.

Honestly I would prefer if we got rid of all the deadwood hanging around. Could straight up get rid of 10 first teamers and not be worse off and then bring in 2 quality signings instead of the scatter gun approach of last summer.

Does being OTT come naturally to you? I haven't been pushing for us to sign him in every thread, but I know that he would improve us, and if he has this release clause then I think we should be all over it.

I've had enough of the Danny Cadamateri hype stories tbh. As if Dowell, Vlasic, Sandro or Klassen are anywhere near providing the type of return that Shaqiri has just provided to Stoke. Some of the other names may have some promise, but they're also more left sided players, and it will be Sigurdsson and Bolasie who will keep them out of the team, that's if Onyekuru even gets the opportunity to play in England.

Shaqiri did nothing much to improve a weaker stoke dramatically so how do you expect him to be head and shoulder to be more influential in our team which is much stronger. Any signing that we make must be head and shoulder above the rest of what we have now. Not signing some half decent bloke and hope that he can suddenly produce double digit assist and goals for us.
Any signing we made must be much better than siggy Walcott Lookman onyekuro or else we’re just repeating what we did last summer, bringing in half decent players hoping they will miraculously produce playing for us. Spending 15-30m on a whole load of players achieving nothing.

He’s badly gash mate

Will show up for 5% of the games, it’s why he booted from the top teams to Stoke.

He's so gash that his individual midfield contribution at Stoke this season surpasses the contribution we have received from Bolasie and Sigurdsson combined, at a cost of 75 million pound. Never mind, he plays for Stoke tho, he must be gash.

Last edited:

Shaqiri did nothing much to improve a worker stoke dramatically so how do you expect him to be head and shoulder to be more influential in our team which is much stronger. Any signing that we make must be head and shoulder above the rest of what we have now. Not signing some half decent bloke and hope that he can suddenly produce double digit assist and goals for us.
Any signing we made must be much better than siggy Walcott Lookman onyekuro or else we’re just repeating what we did last summer, bringing in half decent players hoping they will miraculously produce playing for us. Spending 15-30m on a whole load of players achieving nothing.

OK, I look forward to us signing the top draw players that make the likes of Shaqiri look as crap as Klaassen. What could possibly go wrong?

Not fussed on shaqiri. But at that price he can't be any worse than bolasie if we can find a mug to offload him to.

At least the lad can trap a ball. Also he's willing to have a shot from outside the box, which most of our players seem allergic to.

Think the main reason for the negativity is he looks a right little pudding.

Just no, god no!

We have Lookman desperately waiting for game time, there is Dowell who is worth a run of games. We have onyekuro who is similar to Lookman.
If Shaqiri can’t influence a team like stoke to stay up, compare to how siggy almost single handedly Ensure the survival of Swansea last season, then I think Shaqiri is not even worth to consider.
Mate you have been pushing for us to sign him every thread, unhealthy obsession?

That makes no sense... so because siggy kept up Swansea and shaquiri didn't keep stoke up? So you are employing siggy would have kept them up?

Shaqiri did nothing much to improve a weaker stoke dramatically so how do you expect him to be head and shoulder to be more influential in our team which is much stronger. Any signing that we make must be head and shoulder above the rest of what we have now. Not signing some half decent bloke and hope that he can suddenly produce double digit assist and goals for us.

Have you not seen how gash we are? Shaquiri has scored 3 goals less this season than bolasie has scored in his entire prem career

That makes no sense... so because siggy kept up Swansea and shaquiri didn't keep stoke up? So you are employing siggy would have kept them up?

Mate if we go back to Moyes era, with Osman as our only decent attacking midfield, it makes a lot of sense to sign shaqiri, way better than Osman in every aspect.
But we have to realise we’re just adding another Long list of number 10 now. Rooney siggy Klaassen Lookman Dowell Sandro Vlasic and Shaqiri will be the 8th player in a similar position. can he absolutely come in and make the rest of them sit in the bench week in week out? Or join a Long list of playmaker that drift in and out of the team occasionally and struggling to make serious impact.

We really need to push for high quality signings from now on. Quality that does not exist in our team. When Liverpool is eyeing players like Keïta, high energy with an incredible 5.3 dribble per game. We find ourselves eyeing another average midfielder struggling to make game changing impact in a weak team.

If we’re going to sign any playmaker, it must be the level of Eriksen, strootman, paulisic. Difficult I know, but that’s the quality we need to push us to the next level.

Mate if we go back to Moyes era, with Osman as our only decent attacking midfield, it makes a lot of sense to sign shaqiri, way better than Osman in every aspect.
But we have to realise we’re just adding another Long list of number 10 now. Rooney siggy Klaassen Lookman Dowell Sandro Vlasic and Shaqiri will be the 8th player in a similar position. can he absolutely come in and make the rest of them sit in the bench week in week out? Or join a Long list of playmaker that drift in and out of the team occasionally and struggling to make serious impact.

We really need to push for high quality signings from now on. Quality that does not exist in our team. When Liverpool is eyeing players like Keïta, high energy with an incredible 5.3 dribble per game. We find ourselves eyeing another average midfielder struggling to make game changing impact in a weak team.

If we’re going to sign any playmaker, it must be the level of Eriksen, strootman, paulisic. Difficult I know, but that’s the quality we need to push us to the next level.
No quick fix mate, we need stability, going to take a few seasons. It sounds good going for top players, but it ain't going to happen.

He's so gash that his individual midfield contribution at Stoke this season surpasses the contribution we have received from Bolasie and Sigurdsson combined, at a cost of 75 million pound. Never mind, he plays for Stoke tho, he must be gash.

It’s nothing to do with him playing for stoke, he’s played Bayern and Inter as well.

He disappears in games and turns up for about 5 of them, he has an awful attitude hence why he’s ended up at stoke for all skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back