Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have Shaqiri for £12m to be honest. If they’d stayed up that price would triple, in which case I’d go nowhere near it.
I'll admit that his talent is clear to see so to an extent I understand the draw for him, but his obvious deficiencies are also regularly on show.

He's heavily inconsistent as a player and he his blatantly heavy in other ways, therefore I'd seriously question his professionalism as a player.

Quite simply, the likes Afellay and Shaqiri have ended up at Stoke and not at a higher level for a reason; if we want to progress, it's a huge no.

Selling Bolasie and buying Shaqiri is an absolute no brainer imho, at least in terms of end product.
Taking a bit of a moneyball approach, tje stats speak for themselves, and I think even just watching them you can see shaqiri is of a higher pedigree as a player. He's also younger and hasn't had the major injury Yannick has had.

Bolasie
PL appearances: 118
PL goals: 11
PL assists: 17
Games per goal/assist: 4.21

Shaqiri:
PL appearances: 83
PL goals: 15
PL assists: 14
Games per goal/assist: 2.86

Which is why if Sam isn't gone by next week we are in for a summer of his /Walsh's buys :/
Remember when we were dancing in the street when we got our business done early this season. Pickford and Keane. Top six here we come.
Next season starts now in my opinion. World Cup years seem the death of us.

Selling Bolasie and buying Shaqiri is an absolute no brainer imho, at least in terms of end product.
Taking a bit of a moneyball approach, tje stats speak for themselves, and I think even just watching them you can see shaqiri is of a higher pedigree as a player. He's also younger and hasn't had the major injury Yannick has had.

Bolasie

Shaqiri:

How about we sell bolasie and buy someone better than Shaqiri

I still don't know on shaqiri, right if we buy him for £12m, sell Bolasie for a similar fee, sell Sandro for £10m and offload mirallas, would we be better off? I'd probably say yes, I'm all for giving Sandro another chance but I don't think it'll down now. If we did that we'd have less numbers but replace a starter with a better player and do some trimming in a position we really need to cull a few from. Free up a good percentage of wages too to buy a top striker.

I think shaqiri is one of those unpredictable match winners we don't really buy.

I think Walcott, siggy, shaqiri, lookman, vlasic, Klaassen, onyekuru and dowell for those three behind the striker is a good mix of quality and pace.

I like Shaqiri he is a wonderful player to watch, he doesn't influence every game and not consistently enough, we have to many players like that. Other positions are a priority. We are lacking in central midfield and in defense in my opinion.

A 12m Shaqiri will have a much bigger impact over a season than a 45m Gylfo or a 25m Klaasen. He also gives that bit of excitement we have lacked in a long time. He will go back abroad though, spending a few seasons at Stoke would kill any interest in staying in the PL. Shaqiri would be a dream for a centre forward as you are guaranteed decent crosses rather than Coleman and Walcott cutting in every time.

Bolasie

Shaqiri:

when will we learn? Bolasie was a mistake but then turning to Shaqiri? I f we are happy standing still then fine if you want to improve we need to find the next hazard or bale. Use the scouts that what we pay them for. if we look in the right leagues we can get a lot better value for money than signing relegated players from English teams.

I'll admit that his talent is clear to see so to an extent I understand the draw for him, but his obvious deficiencies are also regularly on show.

He's heavily inconsistent as a player and he his blatantly heavy in other ways, therefore I'd seriously question his professionalism as a player.

Quite simply, the likes Afellay and Shaqiri have ended up at Stoke and not at a higher level for a reason; if we want to progress, it's a huge no.

If we want to progress, we need better players than what we have now. He is actually a lot better than what we have now and will cost a relatively small fee. Who do you envisage us getting at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back