Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have an algorithm on here that changes the name ‘koeman’ into ‘arrogant fraid’

To be fair to Ron, he's had 3 full Prem seasons and finished top 7 every time. The start of the 17/18 season was terrible, but he probably would've turned it around, baring in mind Unsworth's chaotic 10-game caretaking plus the dire Allardyce era still managed to get us 8th.

The rest of the Prem is truly poor.

Mina? Rojo? Djene? Lascelles?

We must be confident of signing at least one of them seeing as we’ve allowed Mawson and Gibson to go elsewhere, very important few days for the club coming up.

Dakonam would be quite a coup, better in a back three and would also provide cover at RB for Seamus.

Height raises concerns but he is actually quite decent in the air. Regularly spoken of as a player worthy of a big move. Very aggressive and a real nuisance, exactly the sort we need.

I would rate it as unlikely but if you don’t ask you don’t get.

The full back are average height. Add to 5’11 Jags how many goals we are gonna conceded through set pieces?

I’m still optimistic we’ll bring in 2-3 more by deadline. Whether it’s permanent or loans.

It was clear from day one it’s a 3 window job to sort this mess. Personally, I’m amazed how well we’ve done shifting so much dross & very pleased with the 2 we’ve brought in.

Surely we’ve leaned lessons from the past. I’d rather we take time & get the right players in than repeat last summer.

If we can at least get one quality CB in, I’m sure we can stay in the top half until January. Hopefully upgrade the spine of the team then.

Mina? Rojo? Djene? Lascelles?

We must be confident of signing at least one of them seeing as we’ve allowed Mawson and Gibson to go elsewhere, very important few days for the club coming up.

Gibson and Mawson would look as bad as Keane if we are going to play a high line.

Hoping Silva will be pragmatic enough to go for a deeper line if he can't get the personnel in.

If we can only sign three players I'd go for a tall, fast central defender and two new possession controlling midfielders.

If I was a gambler I’d say we’ll get Rojo and N’Diaye with the possibility of Oxford as another CB option. Sounds very underwhelming but not as much as Jags and Keane causing havoc.

To be fair to Ron, he's had 3 full Prem seasons and finished top 7 every time. The start of the 17/18 season was terrible, but he probably would've turned it around, baring in mind Unsworth's chaotic 10-game caretaking plus the dire Allardyce era still managed to get us 8th.

The rest of the Prem is truly poor.
I agree, he might of even got a few more goals, out of Tosen? If we still bought him.

Lascelles and a cheap short term deal for Dembele, and I'll be happy. Schneiderlin will have to be happy to be understudy to Gana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back