Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t mind Hinteregger of all the CB’s linked. Old fashioned type and a threat in the box. Don’t think Lascelles is an option at all. Mina despite all the fuss, looks much more doable if Utd get Alderweireld.

There are decent players around, you could probably get Zouma (loan with view to £15m transfer) and, as a random punt, Rodrigo Ely from Alaves for £12m,

Rodrigo Ely is 24, was Serie B defender of the year, joined Milan but couldn't break through, sold to Spain and has thrived. Left sided centre back, tall and strong.

Digne - Rodrigo - Zouma - Coleman back line would be decent with Baines - Jags - Holgate - Kenny as back ups.

There are decent players around, you could probably get Zouma (loan with view to £15m transfer) and, as a random punt, Rodrigo Ely from Alaves for £12m,

Rodrigo Ely is 24, was Serie B defender of the year, joined Milan but couldn't break through, sold to Spain and has thrived. Left sided centre back, tall and strong.

Digne - Rodrigo - Zouma - Coleman back line would be decent with Baines - Jags - Holgate - Kenny as back ups.
Holgate is really the only worthy back up there.

Play Baines, Jags and at a push kenny and we'll fall to bits

He's quite small and I'm not sure how good he is in the air but my God, he is fast.
It says big but he's 178cm according to Tranmsfermakt which is 5 foot 8, not really big is he for a CB.
5ft10 centre half?

Nopenopenopenopenopenope....
Koff nob it's 5'10" :blush:

Is this a joke I'm not getting? because I've just checked whoscored and onefootball and they both say he's 187cm tall which is 6.1" nearly 6.2"

I think zouma is a must not sure starting with 2 centre half’s with no premiere league experience will happen.
Albeit if it means no Keane & jags then so be it hopefully holgate can step up

Lascelles doesn't want to move particularly, Newcastle don't want to sell him and they'll demand silly money for a player who hasn't yet got an international cap over and above the likes of Smalling and Jones. Can't help but feel we'd be wasting more time if we are even persuing him.

Can't help but feel we've missed the boat on Gibson going to Burnley for 15m, especially as a second CB if we are indeed going to spend 30m+ on a first choice.

Lascelles doesn't want to move particularly, Newcastle don't want to sell him and they'll demand silly money for a player who hasn't yet got an international cap over and above the likes of Smalling and Jones. Can't help but feel we'd be wasting more time of we are even persuing him.

Can't help but feel we've missed the boat on Gibson going to Burnley for 15m, especially as a second CB if we are indeed going to spend 30m+ on a first choice.
Has Lascelles said he doesn’t want to move surely the bigger wages & siging on fees would help

Lascelles doesn't want to move particularly, Newcastle don't want to sell him and they'll demand silly money for a player who hasn't yet got an international cap over and above the likes of Smalling and Jones. Can't help but feel we'd be wasting more time if we are even persuing him.

Gibson at 15m is wn absolute bargain. Even if it didnt work out we would get our money back, unlike someone like keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back