Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muting him on Twitter is the best thing anyone will ever do.

He does not have a clue about any sort of transfer business. Copy and pastes what Sky publishes with people fawning all over it. And as this window has shown, Sky don't know a thing.

No better than a Tribal Football, GOAL or HereIsTheCity.

Amazing how far Sky have fallen, dont recall them ever being this bad, dont think they have called a single transfer this summer, Daily Star levels these days.

Doesnt stop people lapping it up sadly.

Amazing how far Sky have fallen, dont recall them ever being this bad, dont think they have called a single transfer this summer, Daily Star levels these days.

It's because they have a monopoly on it. They don't care about being wrong, they just care about reporting ANYTHING.

If Myers/their reporters didn't have those three letters next to their name, they'd be laughed out like any common fake news Twitter account.

I can't wait for this window to shut.

Im English and I enjoyed the high grade snide from the cocaine boys.

Footy is 90% snide, 10% talent.

Thats why CR7 is better than the corned beef midget.

Get Mina and that Kannerman fella and just let them take turns in utterly volleying people who come near them.

Gutted we never got Pepe.
We've seriously lacked that kind of snide at the back.

Shame we never followed through on the almost seasonal links with Shawcross; as much a Judo black-belt as he is footballer.

Funes Mori showed glimpses of it with his tap dancing on Origi's hamstring, but alas his defending chops were severely lacking.

Obvious to all that back line needed sorting. Criminal ... knowiing our CBs were Williams / Keane / Jags / Holgate ... that we haven't brought at least one in. Even if Mina was #1 target , we needed a second one in early. Took over a year to get a replacement in for Baines and Digne has only had a week and 45 min in first team. Think we need some points out of those early fixtures. I don't think we can afford to waste too many opportunities. Feels like we've already sacrificed Wolves away !

It's obvious we need more than just one player to come in.

My real worry for Silva is that without the injection of excitement in the middle with an attacking midfielder so siggurdson can be accommodated , we will find the middle struggling and resorting to allardyce tactics of Morgan and idrissa sitting far too deep isolating the wingers.

The positive as I touched on yesterday is through tosun lookman Richardson and Walcott being essentially new players in a much better set up than last season. So the front should in theory be fine. But we go into the season with the same terrible midfield chemistry as we had last year and makes no difference how we play, we will struggle to get a foot in the game.

Just one player in the middle new who has attacking instincts and we transform overnight

I don't disagree regarding a midfielder but if we had only one come in the CB situation is most pressing for me at the moment. Even if we struggle going forward least we would have a chance of keeping it tight at the back. As it stands we are going to have to score at least 2 per game to get a draw.

He's a terrific player, gives us something we don't have, BUT, can he tackle? Seriously, could we play him as more of a defensive or central mid? We really need more of a box to box player that can wins balls, carry them forward, score a couple goals, etc.

I'd love another creative midfielder like Mario, I'd love a more target oriented forward, but not at the expense of CB and CM.

I think Gana can do the dirty work in midfield which would allow Mario to play the ball around. With our new style we should be looking to do away with the two defensive mids and he’d be a good value loan.

I don't disagree regarding a midfielder but if we had only one come in the CB situation is most pressing for me at the moment. Even if we struggle going forward least we would have a chance of keeping it tight at the back. As it stands we are going to have to score at least 2 per game to get a draw.
I agree. If only one then a centre half .

Just concerning that for the second year in a row we have a attacking midfielder in Rooney and now siggurdson that are essentially passengers in the team. Siggurdson isn't fast enough to keep up with the wingers and if he sits too deep to play make then we then have 3 people in close proximity which was the same issue with all our number 10s at the start of last season

It's because they have a monopoly on it. They don't care about being wrong, they just care about reporting ANYTHING.

If Myers/their reporters didn't have those three letters next to their name, they'd be laughed out like any common fake news Twitter account.

I can't wait for this window to shut.

They are a betting company and make vast amounts of money from it. Them “reporting” on transfers and rumours just feeds into skybet. It’s all linked. They don’t care about whether it’s fact or not. They read things on twitter and report it as a rumour. Technically they aren’t lying as they have seen it but they won’t do any fact checking.

Reckon they are more interested in getting people to bet money on transfers tbh. I know for a fact that one of their West Ham 'sources' is Exwhuemployee on twitter. The guy is literally 100% legit and everytime he does a podcast with transfer news you can guarantee that 5 minutes later Sky run with the article referring to their 'sources'. They could at least credit the guy which some other articles have.

I think there is a Spurs ITK on twitter too, but for the clubs that dont appear to have one, they just make crap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back