Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this...if Man U spends any sort of legit cash on Harry Maguire, they have lost their minds. Completely.

I'll take Rojo for 20M. Just seems like a good fit for the system and the position. At 20M, we should still have a big chunk of change for a CM like Zakaria that could make a huge difference in our midfield. That being said, if Holgate is hurt, we need 2.
Intrigued that quite a few on here have mentioned Zakaria as a possible CM. Must confess I don't know a thing about him or even who he plays for....but quite a few on here have been impressed with him. Worth a punt?

I suppose. Just concerns me that if we buy Rojo and Holgate isn't healthy, is Jags the other starter? That doesn't seem ideal.
Someone else said to me we only need the 4 but it's obvious Keane is struggling. Perfect scenario would have been a Johnny evans early on for experience to play alongside him and essentially replace Mori with rojo mina or whoever else we end up with .

In my mind, we should have been replacing Williams this window and jags next summer leaving us with Keane 4th choice holgate and 2 new ones who are the right side of 30. Or at least one younger experienced head at the back ala Evans

No I didn't mate. Nor did I miss every single post match interview with koeman saying he wanted a new centre half bringing in. Perhaps koeman didn't think going with jagielka and Williams with Mori out for the season was a good idea........

You've forgotten keane again

Falling for the same Twitter transfer accounts as ever.

Come on folks, less than a week left. We're better than this.
You've just got to embrace the GOT transfer window rollercoaster, so strap in and enjoy the ride!

Gasp as we hit the dizzy heights of being linked with an 18yo Argentine no-one outside of FM 2018 has ever heard of. Then scream as we plummet towards some 29yo from a relegated team for 90mil!
Around the coaster goes and we do it all again!

Ok this is getting critical now, either we find a CB right at the end of the window and they don't have time to train with the rest of the defence before starting at Wolves or worse we end up playing Jags and Keane. Safe to say I'm bricking it.
It's obvious we need more than just one player to come in.

My real worry for Silva is that without the injection of excitement in the middle with an attacking midfielder so siggurdson can be accommodated , we will find the middle struggling and resorting to allardyce tactics of Morgan and idrissa sitting far too deep isolating the wingers.

The positive as I touched on yesterday is through tosun lookman Richardson and Walcott being essentially new players in a much better set up than last season. So the front should in theory be fine. But we go into the season with the same terrible midfield chemistry as we had last year and makes no difference how we play, we will struggle to get a foot in the game.

Just one player in the middle new who has attacking instincts and we transform overnight

Yea all you english crying about that game are a bunch of fannies.

Im English and I enjoyed the high grade snide from the cocaine boys.

Footy is 90% snide, 10% talent.

Thats why CR7 is better than the corned beef midget.

Get Mina and that Kannerman fella and just let them take turns in utterly volleying people who come near them.

Gutted we never got Pepe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back