Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction the we aren't going to sign anyone else is slowly coming true... I would oh so love to be wrong.

We will definitely sign a centre half. There's no way we can go into the new season without signing at least one.

Mind you, I said that about a striker last season.

If we could get him on loan with an option to buy at £20-25m I think it would be great business. He played well for West Ham at times and we could really use someone like him in our midfield.

He's a terrific player, gives us something we don't have, BUT, can he tackle? Seriously, could we play him as more of a defensive or central mid? We really need more of a box to box player that can wins balls, carry them forward, score a couple goals, etc.

I'd love another creative midfielder like Mario, I'd love a more target oriented forward, but not at the expense of CB and CM.

rather have Slimani on loan than some of the other bozos we've been linked with

I think he'd be a good fit. Would allow us to ship DCL on loan or sell Niasse, because Slimani works hard like Oumar, but is frankly a better player. I know some don't like him, but I think he's a beast and would give us something we lack. Silva needs some ability to make tactical changes and he would help.

But still CB/CM first.

I would have still thought N'Diaye was likely, but João Mario still doing the rounds. Anyone would be an improvement on Schneiderlin, but I wouldn't be filled with enthusiasm.

I'd be disappointed overall if business was left late to result in him and Rojo being signed. Wouldn't indicate a new approach at all.

I think he'd be a good fit. Would allow us to ship DCL on loan or sell Niasse, because Slimani works hard like Oumar, but is frankly a better player. I know some don't like him, but I think he's a beast and would give us something we lack. Silva needs some ability to make tactical changes and he would help.

But still CB/CM first.
Oumar can slot though

I would rather Shawcross than some thug of a Columbian who cant get a game for Barca, who is waiting for Utd to come in for him, and when Jose comes to his senses and decides he doesn't fancy him, the Columbian then picks us because we will pay him more than some second rate French club. Personally, i want us to sign players who want to play for Everton, not players who want to sign for Everton if Man.Utd decide they don't want them.

:Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back