Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need someone of some pedigree at both CB and CM but if there is scope to pad out the squad further then I would prefer loan signings if it's to be another CB or F on top. We have to be careful not to fall into the trap of having yet more players in their late 20s or older who would offer us one contract only.

Zouma on loan would be a good option in that respect, as would Slimani. I'd like Kevin Gameiro, but don't think he'd be available on loan and wouldn't offer value on a permanent deal.

Its about balance again and making sure signings fit with the needs of the team and also within an overall strategy for the next three to four year cycle.

Rojo is one to avoid. Think Mina could be too by the looks. Hope we can pluck 1/2 out from under the radar because otherwise we are going to leek goals. Surprised Gibson gone to Burnley, makes me think one of their lads could be on the move

JOAO MARIO WANTS PL MOVE
Joao Mario still wants a permanent move to the Premier League this summer, Tuttosport reports.
The Inter Milan midfielder is attracting attention from Everton and Leicester City and wants a deal to be reached before next week's deadline in England.

We need someone of some pedigree at both CB and CM but if there is scope to pad out the squad further then I would prefer loan signings if it's to be another CB or F on top. We have to be careful not to fall into the trap of having yet more players in their late 20s or older who would offer us one contract only.

Zouma on loan would be a good option in that respect, as would Slimani. I'd like Kevin Gameiro, but don't think he'd be available on loan and wouldn't offer value on a permanent deal.

Its about balance again and making sure signings fit with the needs of the team and also within an overall strategy for the next three to four year cycle.
rather have Slimani on loan than some of the other bozos we've been linked with

Rojo is one to avoid. Think Mina could be too by the looks. Hope we can pluck 1/2 out from under the radar because otherwise we are going to leek goals. Surprised Gibson gone to Burnley, makes me think one of their lads could be on the move

I don't know, they're squad is pretty thin especially with Europe so Gibson won't be there to replace anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back