Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main concern with Roja is that he’s never played more than 25 league games in a season. I’m not sure if that’s because of suspensions, injuries or not getting picked but I’d like our main centre back to be available for 90% of our games.

Thing is.

2 years ago we chased players like witsel Mata and birihimi and failed to get any of them and we all blamed the statute of the club being the issue . It was elstone and kenwright in charge of that

Last year we needed a centre half and a striker and koeman mentioned it after every game. We failed to get either. Walsh was in charge with kenwright above him .

This year with literally less than a week to go we are scrambling for a centre half and it's not selling players the issue as 3 centre Half's are gone now. Brands is in charge but kenwright has been mentioned by brands.

What's the one constant in the past 3 summers? 3 years we have struggled to get players in when it has been a key position and 3 years later nothing has changed. 2 director of football and 2 different managers and yet the same issue lies within the transfer market.

I don't doubt we will sign a centre half but I can guarantee you if it isn't mina then we are not getting who we want which makes the window a failure, going for whoever we can get in the end .

But the fact still remains the failure in the market despite the off pitch staff changing has to have a constant and it's kenwright , always has been and always will be. And the worst thing is about all of this , we are failing yet another manager , not getting him exactly what he wants in key areas, which is a joke to consistently do it year on year.

Players out isn't an issue. We can easily ship bolasie Sandro schneiderlin, vlasic , half the in-between reserve players , lookman (if he so wishes) overseas paying half their wages on loan and still make a massive saving wage wise.

This isn't me moaning, just fed up of this every summer when it's clearer each year why it keeps happening . We shouldn't be 5 days or so from the end of the window with so little recruitment in key areas still, it's painfully obvious that Silva has asked for at least 2 positions that we haven't delivered on.

Yet it will be Silva that the club turn on first again when he struggles like koeman last season and Mr true blue will be still sat in the boardroom running this club into the ground

Then it's Mosh who your ire should be directed to, he's been the boss since Feb 2016. We can't blame Kenwright any more as the buck stops with the majority owner.

My main concern with Roja is that he’s never played more than 25 league games in a season. I’m not sure if that’s because of suspensions, injuries or not getting picked but I’d like our main centre back to be available for 90% of our games.

Rojo is left footed which give us more balance. Hope he can stay fit.

“If he doesn’t bleed blue and isn’t dying to be here then we should walk away!!!!”

What planet are some of our fans on? Being a professional footballer is a job. When I’m looking for a new job why would I choose the company that wants me most over the company that is offering to pay me more money, or offer me better career progression?

Wake up. Football isn’t like it was in the 80’s any more.

As much as i cant stand football to normal jobs comparisons, you are 100% correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back