Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, 4 days to go. Marco said after Richarlison he wanted 4 or 5. We have 1 more, meaning he wants up to 4 in 4 days. Think we can all agree that isn't happening. Think we'll end up with a centre back, either Mina or Rojo, and a midfielder on loan which will be a bit disappointing overall.

“If he doesn’t bleed blue and isn’t dying to be here then we should walk away!!!!”

What planet are some of our fans on? Being a professional footballer is a job. When I’m looking for a new job why would I choose the company that wants me most over the company that is offering to pay me more money, or offer me better career progression?

Wake up. Football isn’t like it was in the 80’s any more.

Of course I don't expect most players of a top level to be desperate to come here in our current situation. And yes we need to try and convince targets that are better than what we have. However with the likes of Mina there is a point where you have to accept they just aren't coming and we are way down their wish list and their club is asking a ridiculous fee, best to walk away and find an alternative.

I'd rather someone who can score a goal or two is brought in than no one. As said, he;s far from ideal. But then we dont live in an ideal world at Everton. We are in rebuilding mode after Koemageddon.
But when you are rebuilding something which was weak, you use stronger materials. You don't just slap the same old crap down and hope that the walls will still stand. Troy Deeney is not the answer to anything, other than who's the most overrated striker in the Prem perhaps.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/yerry-mina-al-everton-6977282

After Digne ... Yerry Mina! Everton and Barcelona have reached an agreement, pending only to finalize the last fringes of the operation, for the transfer of the Colombian defense for 32 million euros, after breaking the contacts that were maintained with Manchester United. Between the morning and the last, the transaction should be signed.

The basis of the agreement is practically closed between the clubs. Barcelona and Everton have made a quick negotiation and have set the terms of the transfer under very interesting economic conditions. The azulgranas will enter 32 million euros for the young central who did not enter the plans of Ernesto Valverde . His participation in the World Cup in Russia, where he had an outstanding performance with Colombia, has made it easier for Mina to have a market to leave Barça.

Barcelona and Everton are closing the last details of the transfer; while the footballer has also finalized his contract with the English team. Yerry will sign for five seasons.

The Colombian defender is the second player to call this season at Everton, who a few days ago closed the signing of another defender, the Frenchman Digne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back