Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Translation from their website

After Digne ... Yerry Mina! Everton and Barcelona have reached an agreement, pending only to finalize the last fringes of the operation, for the transfer of the Colombian defense for 32 million euros, after breaking the contacts that were maintained with Manchester United. Between the morning and the last, the transaction should be signed.

The basis of the agreement is practically closed between the clubs. Barcelona and Everton have made a quick negotiation and have set the terms of the transfer under very interesting economic conditions. The azulgranas will enter 32 million euros for the young central who did not enter the plans of Ernesto Valverde. His participation in the World Cup in Russia, where he had an outstanding performance with Colombia, has made it easier for Mina to have a market to leave Barça.

Barcelona and Everton are closing the last details of the transfer; while the footballer has also finalized his contract with the English team. Yerry will sign for five seasons.

If this turns out to be true.

That my friends is what brands is getting paid for. 2 years ago same situation and we got nowhere. Last year, the players we wanted were signed but the ones we needed under Walsh failed to materialise.

Mina first choice is always united over us don't kid yourself, but if brands has sealed it once united didn't go through then that is actually effective transfer business. It also suggests that we are targeting and signing players who interest the top club's and actually sticking in there to get them done.

If mina signs for us, brands has proven his worth in my eyes. Exactly what we need at the club, just would be nice to know mina isn't the only one he is talking to club's about but we will know by Saturday

So £28.5m is the fee for Mina.
Who knows if that's good value or not, but it's the kind of money it's going to take to fix this shambles of a central defence.

Will take our spending so far this summer up to £80m I'm terms of up front fees. But we've bought players of 21, 23 and 25 years old. Much happier to spend this kind of money on players of that age than on the likes of Bolasie, Sigurdsson (even though I like him) and Williams!

Going to have to do the obligatory YouTube scout of Mina now.

Not particularly impressed that he played us a bit, but I guess if I take my blue specs off, he’s of course going to want the best of his own career, with Utd potentially in for him, I’ll forgive him as soon as he rises above Virgil Van Dyke in the Derby with a towering header to win 7-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back