Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can complain all we want but at the end of the day we’ve signed two players FROM Barca (!) who both also have had plenty of interest from top 6 teams in our own league and we signed a high energy winger whom our manager feels comfortable with.

We’re doing good business.
We haven't actually signed Mina yet if that is the second guy you are quoting to have signed from Barcelona

Just got to trust that Brands knows what he's doing. Hopefully a couple more are to follow.

People going on about the price - that's not a concern for me, as we won't lose money on him even if he's a flop.

Ex-Barcelona, linked with United, really good World Cup, tall, strong, high potential youngster... even if he's utter turd he's the honey trap that the West Ham's and Newcastle's of this world fall for time and time again.

We'd sell him on for £20m+ regardless of how bad he is.

That's not the concern for me - the concern is that he's so raw and unproven at a time when, as a club, we need someone to inject a bit of defensive stability. That's why, for me, Lascelles would have made far more sense if at all possible due to his experience in the league.

Because it's Mina, bringing in a Rojo - or someone of that ilk - as well now wouldn't be the very worst idea in the world, because I can't for the life of me imagine Mina, new to a country and having to bed in, being able to do so with two of the worst central-defenders in the Premier League having constant wobblers beside him, and Rojo is a step above both of the crap options we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back