Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Mina over the line, push extremely hard for a Rojo/Smalling/Jones (nea - all are head and shoulders better than Keane and we all know it) on loan or perm and scurry around for a passer in midfield.

I am confident we'll get rid of at least three more players (Besic/Bolasie/Lookman (shame, but he thinks he's miles better than he is and appears to have a bad attitude - best option is to sell), hopefully Sandro too.

Consider all that, and remember we've already rid ourselves of absolute muck in Mirallas, Williams, Rooney and Mirallas, plus got a decent fee for Klaassen and Mori - it will have been an absolutely fantastic transfer window, far, far surpassing all expectations I had.

Please, Lord.

Bailly went off Injured for the Mancs about an hour ago. Might of been a precaution but if not that might mess up any kind of deal for one of their CB's.

Pretty sure that's one of his weaknesses as Rom did a sky interview before we played Burnley and he rolled Keane like he wasn't there......

Ashley Barnes rolled Keane at Turf Moor like it was open age Sunday League Alehouse Vets Team v an u11s happy clappers kids team with dads’ with initials on rain jackets heaping well dones galore about even when the kid hates playing. How Keane played for England is up there with Nugent & Jeffers international status.

To give it perspective, he wasn’t good enough for United, built a reputation at a hard working Burnley who are well drilled in collective responsibility, played on the left side of the pairing in the games I saw, in a familiar back line. He got capped, people said he was better than he was, got a huge move and has looked petrified ever since. Needs experience around him, wants to be deep and head stuff away as used to being under pressure. Came here, not what he expected, manager who bought him has gone, played with different partners, big price tag has brought expectation that is above his ability. Looks nervous and uncomfortable on the ball, timid in his challenges and looks out of his depth.

Every centre firework in the league wants to play against him, we know that and so does he. Not good enough based on his first season and hard to see him improving, he is limited as a player and nothing can really change that. The basic tools aren’t there from what I’ve seen. I actually hope I’m wrong but we bought him on reputation and availability rather than being a natural fit for a longstanding problem area of our side.

Mina wouldn't have been my first choice but i will take him. Big, strong, young, has played with Digne and we desperately need a centre back. We need another one aswell but there are still a few days to go and Brands seems to have things in hand. Could be an exciting week for us blues.

who would have been your first choice mate? Thiago Silva? Bonucci?

Keane, Bolasie, Sandro and Klaassen were first-teamers. How did that work out?
Stop with that reject-bs, it is all about finding the right player for the right role in the right team.
stop being a bellend. they're rejects. I wasn't using it as a derogatory word but they got bought by a club and failed to make it. They're rejects. So kindly STFU dude who I've never interacted with before and feels the need to be aggressive . Go suck a dog's balls.

MARCEL ALWAYS GETS HIS MAN

To think the doubters on here...So far Brands is making deals we couldnt get done otherwise. We now have multiple cases of players who were too good for us, didnt want to come here, or other big teams were going after, or 1 from a team that supposedly wouldnt sell to us, and hes gotten them done. Clearly, hes pretty good at this negotiating AND closing(kind of important part) thing.

Now what I would love to see is Schneiderlin or McCarthy sold, Bernard on a free, and Zouma on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back