Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't slating or questioning the signing. He's a top quality player.

It does seem a bit odd as to where he fits in the team though - you can only assume he's going to be a starter. The only real way is if we switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Gylfi dropping alongside Gana, and Bernard central or out to the left, with Richarlison central.

It certainly gives us options.

Gives us options and more importantly quality competition as all the front players can rotate.

All jokes aside though, Brands has a pattern - when a signing is close he green lights a move or two in that position.

Robinson loan broke just before it came chest digne was arriving, mina now looks fine and we let Williams go shortly before, we cleared out Mirallas and now the rumours look like Bolasie is going would suggest on the previous pattern we have another wide forward/winger lined up that's gone under the radar.

Who it is though, no idea.

Cough @orly

Amazing what a good feel factor you get when news like this appears from nowhere. Looks like the mosh is serious this summer. If this comes off along with the obvious signings we all know are needed then good times are in store this year. Plus if Bernard does sign I think it makes getting the other players that much easier as it makes people stand up and take us serious

He started out as a traditional number 10.

He was moved to the left side of a three at Shakhtar and has impressed in that role. Basically, he's versatile.

I do have my doubts that he'd have the stature to cut it in the middle in the Premier League, but he's definitely played that role before.

Coutinho isn't much bigger and he coped alright most of the time

20:27

SILVA KEY TO BERNARD MOVE
SSN understands Marco Silva played a key role in the last 24 hours, persuading Bernard the to join him at Goodison Park.
It’s understood the 25-year old attacking midfielder will arrive on Merseyside for a medical on Wednesday before signing subject to a work permit being granted.
The news is a major coup for Everton after many of Europe’s top club inquired as to his availability.
Last week, AC Milan thought they had signed him only for West Ham to appear to jump in to secure the free agent’s signature. Everton and Marco Silva then entered negotiations last night.

20:27

SILVA KEY TO BERNARD MOVE
SSN understands Marco Silva played a key role in the last 24 hours, persuading Bernard the to join him at Goodison Park.
It’s understood the 25-year old attacking midfielder will arrive on Merseyside for a medical on Wednesday before signing subject to a work permit being granted.
The news is a major coup for Everton after many of Europe’s top club inquired as to his availability.
Last week, AC Milan thought they had signed him only for West Ham to appear to jump in to secure the free agent’s signature. Everton and Marco Silva then entered negotiations last night.

LOL

He started out as a traditional number 10.

He was moved to the left side of a three at Shakhtar and has impressed in that role. Basically, he's versatile.

I do have my doubts that he'd have the stature to cut it in the middle in the Premier League, but he's definitely played that role before.
Same height as Aaron Lennon for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back