Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Bernard comes in it means a couple of things. First, I think he may start in the 10 role, with Siggurdson alternating from the bench or in the 8 role. He has a really good defensive workrate so unlike most players who play his position I can see the switch working. Second, I think a number of games could still see Siggy in the 10 role and Bernard spelling one of our two starting wingers.

If you consider 38 games per position, and 5 players for the 4 positions of LW, RW, 10, and 8, that means you could play Richarlison, Walcott, Siggy, Bernard and Gueye in those spots 31 games each, plenty of playing time for all and some rest thrown in. If Lookman also cycles in with 20 games thats still 26 games each, not counting cups etc.

Walcott, Sig, Bernard
Richarlison

Last edited:
20:27

SILVA KEY TO BERNARD MOVE
SSN understands Marco Silva played a key role in the last 24 hours, persuading Bernard the to join him at Goodison Park.
It’s understood the 25-year old attacking midfielder will arrive on Merseyside for a medical on Wednesday before signing subject to a work permit being granted.
The news is a major coup for Everton after many of Europe’s top club inquired as to his availability.
Last week, AC Milan thought they had signed him only for West Ham to appear to jump in to secure the free agent’s signature. Everton and Marco Silva then entered negotiations last night.

Why's he not doin the medical to Wednesday?

I got all excited about Mina yesterday ...and in Everton fashion....cold water poured on it this am. All sounds good ....but I'm just hoping all works out. Not getting excited till guys are holding shirts / work permits are secured ! ( Well....more excited anyway ! COYB ! )

I can see why Silva said we'll need another "preseason" starting now.

How good this late influx of players will be remains to be seen, but it's terrible timing with these deals.

How good this late influx of players will be remains to be seen, but it's terrible timing with these deals.

What if you can’t get these types of deals early though? Is it not better to wait for the players you want? Lukaku and Barry were done on the last day and both were good players for us. These could be up to speed by the second game of the season.

Another bit of pessimism...tell me how would you have done pre season oh great one....see ya at Goodison next week lad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back