Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What inept management team would bring them in so late in the window !?

We brought poor players in early doors last season and they remained poor players. I’d much rather be buying good players even late in the window (which remember would actually be weeks earlier than a last day signing usually would). It’s not as though these lads haven’t been training. Digne has been at Barca, Bernard with Shaktar, all they need is a bit of time to learn our system which quite frankly is probably easier for them to pick up than it is for our existing players who haven’t done proper pressing or zonal defending for years. These principles are bread and butter for players from top European sides. A week or 2 and they’ll be fully integrated.

I realise that, but there's been a lot of arse about face spending for me...including this Bernard one.

Would love to have had our business done early. Don’t know how possible this was for us. Remains to be seen exactly who we get, but this window we seem to be after the right sort of players. You have to be a wee bit excited?

DjtMi32W4AYzWL0.jpg

Looks like Bernard from Shakhtar.

Ooooh.

What if you can’t get these types of deals early though? Is it not better to wait for the players you want? Lukaku and Barry were done on the last day and both were good players for us. These could be up to speed by the second game of the season.
Well that depends if the manager is comfortable doing it that way. Silva's woirds suggest he's been impatient for these deals to get done and pleads for more understanding if/when we need a lot more time for these players to gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back