Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Dave, we all would want the players in 1st day of the window opening but i don't think we can say it's terrible timing.

Terrible timing would be not getting the required players in, so if we get in 1/2 quality additions in thr last 3 days who will make a massive difference in the long term well I'm fine with that

Short term pain for long term gain
Just taking the line of the manager mate. Obvious from his "another preseason on top of the one we've had" statement he's frustrated by the delay and disruption.

N’Zonzi
Isn't he bound for the Arsenal anyway ?
Any links to us have more than likely been echoes of last season's spurious rumours largely based on his previous association with Allardyce. As others have already said he seems too old , I suspect we will be sticking to players we can make some money back on in the event of their departure.

Getting a ~£40m player on a free transfer is "arse about face spending" now...

Come on Dave, you're better than that... your rod definitely needs better bait.
It's not fishing. I'm ok with the transfers if we now get the ones we desperately need. I just share the same irritation as Silva that there will be late disruption with a glut of signings.

You seem to be under the illusion that clubs sign players at the exact point of their choosing during the window. That's not how it works. Do you really believe we won't have been trying to sign centre backs since day one? Deals happen when they happen. Signing attacking players doesn't mean we've been leaving our defence until the last minute; it's just the way it's worked out.
I know there's no perfect order...but this summer has been perfect disorder. Still waiting on signing a CB - which along with LB was THE position which required strengthening.

If this goes through! There is potential for Richarlison to play as a 9 and have Walcott Sigurdsson and Bernard behind him

Really hope we stay away from this Brendan Rodgers type of antic - play your players in their correct position cant be doing with another season of smart arse Siggurdsson out wide.

Would love to have had our business done early. Don’t know how possible this was for us. Remains to be seen exactly who we get, but this window we seem to be after the right sort of players. You have to be a wee bit excited?
I am. But I take the manager's point completely: now we start our preseason. I just hope everyone has understood that and the fact we have been ill-prepared for the beginning of this season. Hopefully the ones chuffed right now aren't bleating in two weeks time if its a mess.

Still need to sort out the defence, that’s got to be the priority over the next few days

They've pulled me back in. Things are happening that NO ONE in mainstream media knows about.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back