Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we were actually good this season. Like really good. How would people cope? There’d be meltdown both within and outside the Everton fan base. Certain sports journalists practically accused us of ruining the game when we were flirting with 4th in 13/14. Imagine if we actually upset some of the top boys. Absolute carnage would ensue.

Looks like the Lille player had Achilles issues as well that caused him to miss quite a few games. Hopefully that's all healed now, otherwise it's the same issue as Holgate. Long term it would limit him like a Koscielny.

Imagine if we were actually good this season. Like really good. How would people cope? There’d be meltdown both within and outside the Everton fan base. Certain sports journalists practically accused us of ruining the game when we were flirting with 4th in 13/14. Imagine if we actually upset some of the top boys. Absolute carnage would ensue.
All without "everloan-ing" our way to it.

This https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adama_Soumaoro fella has played 22 games in his whole career at the age of 26?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Don't think his wiki file is up to date mate. Hasn't played at all in last 2 seasons according to that. But there's been a number of rumours last 12 months about Lille being in trouble financially and having to cash in on their best player, Soumaoro. Doesn't add up.

Gana isn't anywhere near good enough to play the lone holding role - his strength is chasing down and disposessing the opposition. If we opt for 2 attacking mids I can see Gana on the bench.
All I know is when Gana leaves the game our midfield goes from competent to absolutely invisible. So I feel like he probably is good enough to play regardless of the formation since he props up Schneiderlin/Gylfi/Davies/Besic to a useful level

Looks like the Lille player had Achilles issues as well that caused him to miss quite a few games. Hopefully that's all healed now, otherwise it's the same issue as Holgate. Long term it would limit him like a Koscielny.

..sorry, been in the bar all night on holiday drinking rum and ginger. We’re with our son and daughter in law and as soon as he said we’re linked with this fella I mentioned right away his Achilles. He’s a Walsh link to be fair, physically he reminds me lots of Micah Richards.

The Lille lad was ever present in 16/17 until he did his Achilles late in the season. Missed first half of 17/18 and had some muscular injuries later as often happens if a player is rushed back to soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back