Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could pick anyone out of goodison, give them a contract and they'd give you the same. I trust brands and Silva, especially given the initial ins and outs. If they wanted mina pre world cup as reported then he's good by me. I get your concern though, his people or Barca's are definitely trying to whore him out rather than sign on the line.

The fact he's played for Barcelona has no impact on me. To me he's just a vague name from the WC and not good enough for the team that holds his contract.

I'd prefer to sign players we know can hack it in this PL and who aren't mercenaries.

Everton are trying to secure a £28 million deal for Barcelona centre-back Yerry Mina but face competition from Lyon.

As Everton continued to be frustrated in their attempt to agree a fee for the Colombian, Lyon’s President Jean-Michel Aulas took to social media to insist the French side were confident he will snub the Premier League for France.

Everton’s Director of Football Marcel Brands has been trying to secure Mina for weeks, efforts which increased a notch with a formal approach to the La Liga giants.

But on Monday there was yet to be an agreement with the club or the player.

Reckon we will end up with Roja and another out of the blue for the CB's if a deal for Mina not already done. Too much smoke now for there to be nothing in the Roja story.

The lad from Stoke too for CM.

You could be right. Looks like we’ll get another two, but they could be both CB’s which is fine by me.

Clearly there seems to be enough to spend relatively big on Mina but I think any further signing is going to be either a loan or free. I can’t see us spending £50-60m on top of what’s already spent.

Looks like Mina or Soumaoro plus one more. Diego Reyes is still without a club, on deadline day I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we got him on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back