Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to walk away now from this Mina business.

Plenty of CBs out there...apparently Brands was brought in for just such a search.

I agree, clearly he seems the preferred option though. Sums up everything that’s wrong about how transfers are conducted this, and of course huge potential for us to come out the wrong side. His agent/uncle must be salivating like a hound at a hunt. As you say plenty of CB’s out there, failure to get at least one that’s decent marks this window as a failure regardless.

I'd make the final bid and go and find someone else who will be ready for this league straight away. If he/they come crawling back them sign him. Dave is right though he's probably not worth this much fuss.

I agree, clearly he seems the preferred option though. Sums up everything that’s wrong about how transfers are conducted this, and of course huge potential for us to come out the wrong side. His agent/uncle must be salivating like a hound at a hunt. As you say plenty of CB’s out there, failure to get at least one that’s decent marks this window as a failure regardless.

'kin Mina. You'd think it was Pique we were in for.

Unbelievable the amount of fuss over some mush who had a decent World Cup game or two.

Tell you something Dave, I've seen you write alot of things on here some I agree with and some o don't. But by God did you see through Koeman!

He was an obvious one for me. A complete holgram of a manager. As soon as he came in and started talking about hard work making the most of talent I knew what an utter charlatan he was. Money for old rope he got. He wanted to be elsewhere and didn't he just show it with his contemptuous transfer spending.

Lateral thinking is what we need not some obvious big bids for "King for a month" players who cant get a game at a big club.

Lascelles is literally exactly that though, sat deep in the middle of a low-block for the whole of last season, the Michael Keane of this year if you like. You won't prise him from Newcastle for a penny less than 40m in this market, more likely closer to 50m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back