Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....... .............. .. .. .. .. .
............Ok. Nope, Yep get rid of Keane.
I think if he was replaced with any variety of inanimate objects, Say....a ladder, Plant pot....Scotch egg even, I dont think presently we would notice the difference.
Well actually I think the ladder has better movement.

All nasty negative quipps out the way but
If the lad doesnt start showing any semblance of spacial awareness...or positional play...he has to go, we arnt a special needs class.
I do really want him to come good...honest ai do...
but by christ he has to at least show signs of life.
I hope he comes good, we all do, and he might. My point is that selling three central defenders, even poor ones, is bad
strategy if you haven't replaced them yet. I'll add that I didn't mind Funes Mori and I wish we'd kept him.

Just he excelled at a deep sitting team. There are plenty of Burnley fans who have commented on this forum about how quick Keane appeared to be whilst with them, however that was without big wide open spaces behind him, for us he is cart horse esq in turning. He also looked dominating and strong. Lascelles looks decent but no more decent than Keane looked for Burnley from what I've seen. So from what I seen of Keane at Burnley and lascelles at Newcastle I'd say they were very similar.

I wouldn't say Newcastle sit deep especially compared to Burnley. It would be daft to compare players just because they played for "similar" clubs and just write them off because of it. Lascelles' and Keane's skillsets are totally different.

Give over.
Your as bald as a coot.

* Mods, I said coot

Full head of hair me lad. x
0AD027A8-9E87-4399-A7CC-5C8D4CB192DC.webp

He was an obvious one for me. A complete holgram of a manager. As soon as he came in and started talking about hard work making the most of talent I knew what an utter charlatan he was. Money for old rope he got. He wanted to be elsewhere and didn't he just show it with his contemptuous transfer spending.
Sadly he had me fooled, but I agree he never saw us as anything more than a stepping stone to Barcelona the only consolation to take from that he is further from that job than ever before!!

Not to be a party pooper, but Mina and Bernard arent top players.

I mean dont get me wrong, im not saying they arent very good players, but I dont personally consider either Tier 1 players.

Just sayin.

I think Bernard has the potential to be. He’s different from the majority of the players in this league. If he adapts well he could offer us something special.

"Everton have fought off competition from Chelsea, Spurs, Atletico Madrid and West Ham to secure the signing of Brazilian Winger Bernard "

Translation: Everton cave in first to exorbitant wages and agents fees, as we also look to be doing with Mina

I think Bernard has the potential to be. He’s different from the majority of the players in this league. If he adapts well he could offer us something special.
Think Bernard already is close. Mina has insane potential. Could be a bust, too, but he just offers some stuff that almost no other player can. He’s just a complete beast.

Wonder if that Diego Reyes may be an option?
Him being a free agent might explain why we seem to be willing to go to the deadline for mina

"Everton have fought off competition from Chelsea, Spurs, Atletico Madrid and West Ham to secure the signing of Brazilian Winger Bernard "

Translation: Everton cave in first to exorbitant wages and agents fees, as we also look to be doing with Mina

Are you involved financially with the club?, it's not your money plus we have saved 30 million on transfer fees so paying it in wages and agent fees to get a player of his talent in is a good deal

Unless he bombs, and then it wasn't me that said this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back