Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

A little bit too old and has been repeatedly linked with Arsenal.

At 29 he’s got a few years left in him and he’s absolutely top quality. I agree that we’re moving towards buying younger players (and rightly so) but there have to be exceptions for when the very best players in their positions are available.

Well that is the case for every purchase of a unique item. If you buy something on eBay it is because nobody else on the world was prepared to pay as much for it as you were.
Good comparison. Inanimate objects often reject the highest EBAY bid because they don’t want to be on a bookshelf in war torn Ukraine even though the bidder from Kiev went the highest.

Would he not improve our midfield in the short term?

Was heavily linked with us when the gravy charmer was manager.

Yes, he would improve us in the short-term. He eclipses Schneirderlin everywhere (not that that's a difficult challenge).

And yes, we were linked under BFS, possibly due to the fact it was BFS who discovered him all those years ago.

If we are indeed destined to purchase an N' player with Stoke associations, I feel we are more likely to acquire the slightly younger Badou version.

As usual Dave, you are all over this. Sometimes mate, you are so far ahead of the curve that you're completely round the bend.
Promise us you'll never change lol
I find it hilarious that a journalist most believe to be ITK at Everton and seize on his every word when it's positive news then backheel the bad news and hand it no credence.

We know this manager is frustrated with the transfer window...he told us so himself. Joyce is now - from his closer vantage point than we have - confirming that it's a big issue for the manager and he's also telling us that there's the beginings of a rift between the manager's team and others on the club's playing staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back