Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be a party pooper, but Mina and Bernard arent top players.

I mean dont get me wrong, im not saying they arent very good players, but I dont personally consider either Tier 1 players.

Just sayin.
The topic of top/tier 1 players is very much subjective Goat and everyone has different opinions. So we have a better idea of what you're saying, give us some examples of the type of player who would just make it onto your list at the bottom end of the spectrum.

For example. Would you consider Maguire Tier 1?. Are there any current Everton players you consider Tier 1?

Richarlison -- I was thrilled with. 21 and a potential superstar.
Digne -- Looks a good solid player to me and a very good fee for a 25 year old coming into his prime
Virginia -- Seems to be a good signing as 3rd choice keeper and u23 fixture at 18
Bernard -- Very exciting little player and same age as Digne.

All for positions we need filled which is good.

It's encouraging that our signings are 25 and under and 3 should certainly improve the first 11. Also that Richarlison/Digne/Bernard all have pace.

I see something like this with a more long term view at 12 months time I guess..

Pickford/???/Virginia
Coleman/Kenny -- Holgate/??? -- ???/??? -- Digne/???
???/Davies -- Gana/Baningime
Bernard/Dowell
Walcott/??? -- Tosun/DCL/??? -- Richarlison/Lookman
I think we need Feeney/Gibson/Robinson/Connolly etc to progress to squad members next season (especially if we get into Europe)
We need 2 Centre Backs (Upamecano/Mina)
We need 1 Centre Midfielder (Zakaria or similar)
We need 1 Right Forward (Lozano or similar)
We need 1 Centre Forward (Lozano or similar )
We need 1 Keeper (Someone u21 we can develop)

If we made those 5 or 6 signings after tying up Bernard then i'd start getting excited for the top4...every season.

I mean, you're missing out our club record signing from there, tbf Zat.

But yes, it's good to see a plan/structure seemingly been put into place.

I find it hilarious that a journalist most believe to be ITK at Everton and seize on his every word when it's positive news then backheel the bad news and hand it no credence.

We know this manager is frustrated with the transfer window...he told us so himself. Joyce is now - from his closer vantage point than we have - confirming that it's a big issue for the manager and he's also telling us that there's the beginings of a rift between the manager's team and others on the club's playing staff.
Actually, it doesn't say it's members of the playing staff. It says "staff" and in context, implies more likely to be coaches... which narrows the list of people down to a very short one.

@windymiller @bluestevon trust me, lads, Joyce, Hunter and Bascombe are as reliable as ever.

I haven't read the Joyce piece yet in full, so if anyone with a Times sub can help me out that'd be sound. But as far as I've seen (excerpts) it's just a bit of a feature - so it's his own personal opinion in there as well.

Ok, I've got to ask:

Where the hell is this whole "tier 1/tier 2" crap coming from? I've only really noticed it in the last couple weeks when now reporters are being mentioned it ffs
The new buzzwords I assume. Playing along with it though it’s safe to say that apart from maybe van dijk the majority of the reds**te squad would have probably been considered tier 2 and maybe tier 3 prior to their signings. All a load of nonsense

Ok, I've got to ask:

Where the hell is this whole "tier 1/tier 2" crap coming from? I've only really noticed it in the last couple weeks when now reporters are being mentioned it ffs
New measuring metric that's been adopted to rate the reliability of journos and/or publications respective to each club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back