Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get 2 decent CB's in on top of Bernard by tomorrow night, i will definitely be happy. Anything else above that and i will likely have a hysterical rectum out of sheer excitement.

Can't see us doing loads tomorrow if I'm being totally honest. Bernard will be announced, then we'll get a CB in (who that is christ knows at this point) but I can't see anything else beyond that.

Been away for a few hours, what’s going down lids.

Bernard has had his medical at the same centre Richarlison and Digne had theirs
L'Equipe are saying United have opened talks with Chelsea about signing Zouma outright but are reluctant to sell to a rival but are also talking to us about a loan

Bernard has had his medical at the same centre Richarlison and Digne had theirs
L'Equipe are saying United have opened talks with Chelsea about signing Zouma outright but are reluctant to sell to a rival but are also talking to us about a loan

L’Equipe are full of dung.

I’d take Dunk not Duffy.

Astute perception. Duffy goes for the high balls and Dunk covers. Duffy has the much easier job, but it is the combination of the two that works. Except it didn't v Liverpool. Chris Hughton saw the problem and devised the solution. The combination is greater than the individual parts. Duffy was an emergency signing because of an injury crisis.

As an athlete and a footballer I would have thought that Keane was better than Dunk in most respects and even an ageing Jagielka ought to be better than Duffy. But last season their records against open play were nowhere near. I don't think Holgate is a patch on the Brighton pair in game performances in the centre of defence. I don't think signing Dunk or Duffy would solve the problem.

It’s beyond critical, everything hinges on it. I’m calm about it, just hope for all our sakes that there won’t be disappointment en masse here tomorrow evening. We can’t face months without CB reinforcements.
We haven’t got a single centre back who I would be happy and confident in playing the whole season so I think it’s essential that we get two of them in. If we don’t its been a poor window imho.

Can't see us doing loads tomorrow if I'm being totally honest. Bernard will be announced, then we'll get a CB in (who that is christ knows at this point) but I can't see anything else beyond that.
If just those two happen, it will be a great window. LB from Barcelona, Brazillian forward, CB(maybe from Barcelona), top young keeper signed from Arsenal, and Brazilian playmaker on a free. Anything else is purely the cherry on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back