Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester saying catagorically that Maguire is not for sale. Can see Utd forced into buying Mina the way it’s looking

I believe Championship clubs can take players on loan up until the 30th even with future options to buy. So there isn’t quite the same level of urgency for a Boro Besic deal.
But for all the comments from many about the problems with the difference in transfer windows - this is actually the problem we have with it. We can only bring players in if the books are balanced by outgoings, but many of the outgoings are likely to happen after our window for incomings has closed. Bringing in new players and then finding we can't offload Sandro, Bolasie, Besic, Martina etc causes us a problem. It's a difficult balancing act.

I have heard one in (Bernard) and maybe 1 out.

That's the minimum we're expecting in terms of ins.

we hope to have Mina tied up, in fact by reliable accounts it's looking likely, as it stands - that could of course change - and if so we need to make sure we have back-up CB in place (which is where I think Zouma would fit in).

Gomes could then be the icing on the cake.

Leicester saying catagorically that Maguire is not for sale. Can see Utd forced into buying Mina the way it’s looking

Wonder if players are starting to wise up that United is an absolute graveyard for young-ish talent right now. I'm sure some other good player turned them down for that reason earlier this summer. Toxic environment until Mou goes, and then who knows what the new regime would be like?

Obv its still united so they'll still be able to sign players easier than most but there might be one or two who see it as a bad career move atm

But for all the comments from many about the problems with the difference in transfer windows - this is actually the problem we have with it. We can only bring players in if the books are balanced by outgoings, but many of the outgoings are likely to happen after our window for incomings has closed. Bringing in new players and then finding we can't offload Sandro, Bolasie, Besic, Martina etc causes us a problem. It's a difficult balancing act.
We can offload them, it’s all just a matter of the deal. And we can certainly bring players in without outgoings, but not sure why we would. Having Sandro, Bolasie, Besic sit on our bench does no one any good.

I think United have always been after Alderweireld and have Mina as back up. Mina is probably holding out hoping for United. Spurs will try and screw United over who will probably then revert to Mina hoping to screw us over and flog is Rojo way above his market value. If we can’t get him to commit then we should walk away now and leave him in no man’s land even if that means he ends up with no club and Barca have a problem. The longer this goes on the more you see us being left empty handed in this chain.

Pretty sure we’re not relying on £4m Besic to fund Yerry Mina though to be fair.

Wonder if players are starting to wise up that United is an absolute graveyard for young-ish talent right now. I'm sure some other good player turned them down for that reason earlier this summer. Toxic environment until Mou goes, and then who knows what the new regime would be like?

Obv its still united so they'll still be able to sign players easier than most but there might be one or two who see it as a bad career move atm

Zidane is the strongly rumoured next MU manager. Body language hints Mou knows this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back