Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandro, Vlasic. See both of them going to foreign clubs (loan or permanents - I hope it's a loan for the latter).

Bolasie, maybe we could fob him off somewhere, same with Besic (probably on loan to a Champ side). The lads need to play.

Still feel Leipzig will make a late move for Lookman.

No issues with Vlasic going to get a loan somewhere for game time. But we've got to find a buyer who will recoup our 5m for sandro and put him out of his misery. It just isn't going to work here and it's best for everyone if he moves on permanently.

Whats the chatter over in Spain mate regarding Gomes, Mina and Digne signing for Everton? Positive on our part or not that arsed?

I don't think most fans would be overly arsed but for different reasons....that doesn't mean they are all bad. My room mate for one was laughing at me just now but he can do one.

Digne....never getting in past Alba on a regular basis. Not disliked but nobody's gonna shed a tear over a backup even if a decent player. I think he will do well with us. Worth the money.

Mina...surprisingly hyped up reputation when he finally arrived here but hadn't played much yet so nobody has an overly strong opinion on him it seems. I was expecting him to play much more this season to be honest. I guess the Non EU thingy really was the key. I don't believe he is getting sold because of lack of ability. No idea how he will do but am positive.

Gomes was a bit of a joke player amongst fans. So nobody is sad to see him go. I think it's most likely he will struggle to make an impact and we won't be arsed when he leaves next summer. Wrote a good bit in his thread on it. Seems a decent chap tho and hope he turns himself around to our benefit.

Sandro, Vlasic. See both of them going to foreign clubs (loan or permanents - I hope it's a loan for the latter).

Bolasie, maybe we could fob him off somewhere, same with Besic (probably on loan to a Champ side). The lads need to play.

Still feel Leipzig will make a late move for Lookman.

Both Brands and Silva want him to stay, but if they are not going to play him regularly, then you can understand him wanting to go again.

Both Brands and Silva want him to stay, but if they are not going to play him regularly, then you can understand him wanting to go again.

Yep, suspect he will see how much game time, if any, he gets between now and near the end of the month, then kick off big time if its not enough.

hsUZqgp.webp

Quality over quantity:

Ins: Richarlison (Watford, £40million), Lucas Digne (Barcelona, undisclosed), Yerry Mina (£28.5million), Bernard (free), Andre Gomes (loan)

Outs: Wayne Rooney (DC United, undisclosed), Davy Klaassen (Werder Bremen, undisclosed), Ramiro Funes Mori (Villarreal, undisclosed), Jose Baxter (Oldham, free), Conor Grant (Plymouth, free), Callum Dyson (Plymouth, free), Joel Robles (Real Betis, free), Luke Garbutt (Oxford, loan), Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray, loan), Shani Tarashaj (Grasshoppers, loan), Ashley Williams (Stoke, loan), Antonee Robinson (Wigan, loan), Kevin Mirallas (Fiorentina, loan), Callum Connolly (Wigan, loan)

I don't think most fans would be overly arsed but for different reasons....that doesn't mean they are all bad. My room mate for one was laughing at me just now but he can do one.

Digne....never getting in past Alba on a regular basis. Not disliked but nobody's gonna shed a tear over a backup even if a decent player. I think he will do well with us. Worth the money.

Mina...surprisingly hyped up reputation when he finally arrived here but hadn't played much yet so nobody has an overly strong opinion on him it seems. I was expecting him to play much more this season to be honest. I guess the Non EU thingy really was the key. I don't believe he is getting sold because of lack of ability. No idea how he will do but am positive.

Gomes was a bit of a joke player amongst fans. So nobody is sad to see him go. I think it's most likely he will struggle to make an impact and we won't be arsed when he leaves next summer. Wrote a good bit in his thread on it. Seems a decent chap tho and hope he turns himself around to our benefit.

Thanks mate

I've read a lot of your thoughts on Gomes and he's the most interesting one isn't he. Maybe Silva can get a tune out of him.

His name isnt Morgan so I'm delighted!

Did anyone say Everton had the best window? Plugged almost every hole with good players, everyone else flapping themselves silly over Liverpool and Wolves.

I thought we had a great window honestly

I couldn't give a fiddler's what SSN say about Everton. As regards the Best Window Award, that is a pathetic attempt to hype up their coverage of the final day for purely commercial reasons.

We seem to have done really well in terms of the quality and the positions covered by the new signings, but now for the real tests which will come on cold wet English winter days.

My glass is more than half full, but I am not buying into this "best window" rubbish.

Did anyone say Everton had the best window? Plugged almost every hole with good players, everyone else flapping themselves silly over Liverpool and Wolves.

I thought we had a great window honestly
nah, didn't you hear? we drove all the prices up because we overpayed for richarlison.

plus, didn't you hear from our illustrious old manager, samuel allardyce? we evertonians don't want potential!

In fairness to @davek it’s not like there isn’t about 20+ years of history that can cause someone to be skeptical. Don’t agree with all his takes and I do think he can be OTT occasionally. But he clearly wants sexy winning football with Everton.

As totally awesome as the day has been, wise homeboy Davek speaks so much sense - The manager dude needs time to get these ballers performing together. My stoke meter was running on empty Monday, but just 3 day later it’s been turbo charged with the signings - Drafting new homies in doesn’t always equate to winning streaks. Patience is needed bro-steiners.

I am super amped for the season, can’t wait for Saturday, chugging some kegs with my squad.

Peace out homies. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back