Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously missed my last 30 posts today and yesterday praising Brands and made up with all our signings... but hey stick to pushing an agenda because I wanted us to sign a centre forward with us being light up top.
Mate you're a miserable sod half the time on here.

5 prem teams spent more than us …. we spent 65 million net...… every player apart from virginia has played at international level and played for some of europe's top clubs.

if we sold Bolasie and besic today , our net spend would have been 44 million. we pretty much spent that on 1 player last year
Window closes in two weeks. We've just seen about 11 through the door and more to come. They dont go for free many of them. We get money off them going. In short: the net spend figure cant be gauged yet. It most certainly WONT be £65M though. You can guarantee that.

I haven't imagined them mate. They've gone and will continue to leave for the next two weeks in an effort to try and square these incomings.

Well you might be correct here Dave, we still have a 29 player squad, so I would imagine at least another 3 will be moved on Beni, Dowell and Bolaise would be the 1s I suspect.

Plus theres still 4 players on my TBC list :

Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Pennington(Loan)TBC, Vlasic(Loan)TBC, Martina(TBC), Browning(U23), Galloway(U23), Besic(TBC).

So we could still see upwards of 7 players move before the end of the month, sadly for you they will all probably be loans.

Delighted with how the Club has done in this window.

Well done to all concerned.

I am disappointed that we let the Spuds get this lad though - not part of the window, but this could have been the next Coleman type deal for us. He is an amazing keeper for his age. Rovers will get a nice few quid and will benefit from any future transfers but I really would have preferred him being set up for Everton.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...citing-shamrock-rovers-teenager-37191372.html
Why on earth should we have gone for him when we have already signed a future goalkeeper from Arsenal? Did you miss that one, or do you for some reason rate the Shamrock boy over the Arsenal boy? I have never seen either play but an happy with the Arsenal lad.

It was nice while it lasted I suppose. I was very happy with how the window panned out and put my head down for a couple of hours in such mind-set. But I've awoken, and thanks to @davek, I'm now feeling a bit jaded. Reality bites I guess and the reality is that the carpetbagger is pulling the wool over all of our eyes and is exploiting Everton so he can line his avaricious pockets. There's still Capt Jags and Bainesy in the background scheming devious plots to undermine the manager and generally causing dressing room disharmony. And finally, and this is probably what grates the most, I'm fuming that Lukaku's no-show against France denied Bobby his opportunity to enter the pantheon of great, great managers by holding aloft the World Cup.
I'm feeling pretty down about things and after the excitement of early this morning (NZ time) it's turned out to be gloomy dawn.
Everton that.

There's no need for passive aggression.

We could all giddlily slap ourselves on the back all night but maybe we can also find time for reflection about what in actuality has been spent here and how good these players are likely to be.

Mate you're a miserable sod half the time on here.

Im just not OTT like a love struck teen mate... I call it as I see it:

If we underperform I'll voice my displeasure which was the case for the majority of the transfer window.

Or

If we do the business I'll give my dues as I have done all today and praised Brands for a job well done.

Likewise if we play well this season I'll support the players and manager

Or if we have a repeat of last season's results and performances I'll be calling for the managers head and calling the players useless so and so's.

No agenda's from me im just real pal.

Well you might be correct here Dave, we still have a 29 player squad, so I would imagine at least another 3 will be moved on Beni, Dowell and Bolaise would be the 1s I suspect.

Plus theres still 4 players on my TBC list :

Robles, Garbutt(Loan), Mori, Rooney, Klaassen, Tarashaj(Loan), Onyekuru(Loan), Williams, Robinson(Loan), Mirallas(Loan), Connolly(Loan), Pennington(Loan)TBC, Vlasic(Loan)TBC, Martina(TBC), Browning(U23), Galloway(U23), Besic(TBC).

So we could still see upwards of 7 players move before the end of the month, sadly for you they will all probably be loans.
Loans with a view to purchase...like most of our loans are.

There's no need for passive aggression.

We could all giddlily slap ourselves on the back all night but maybe we can also find time for reflection about what in actuality has been spent here and how good these players are likely to be.
Jeez. there I was agreeing with everything you've said and you've now made me feel a bit like an aunt Sally...thanks a lot dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back