Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just not OTT like a love struck teen mate... I call it as I see it:

If we underperform I'll voice my displeasure which was the case for the majority of the transfer window.

Or

If we do the business I'll give my dues as I have done all today and praised Brands for a job well done.

Likewise if we play well this season I'll support the players and manager

Or if we have a repeat of last season's results and performances I'll be calling for the managers head and calling the players useless so and so's.

No agenda's from me im just real pal.

All very well, but probably nobody would have even paid you any attention this window if it wasn't for the incessant and repetitive banging on about

The

Same

Bloody

Over

And

Over

Again

Why on earth should we have gone for him when we have already signed a future goalkeeper from Arsenal? Did you miss that one, or do you for some reason rate the Shamrock boy over the Arsenal boy? I have never seen either play but an happy with the Arsenal lad.

No I didn't miss that one. Bazunu has been in the shop window for some time before we signed Virginia. I would expect that both of them could have developed in the under 23 s until we decided which to keep or move on. I don't know which is the best at thi stage of their development but Bazunu is showing clear ability and extraordinary maturity at his young age of 16.

For that kind of money I just think we have let City get a real steal.

Loans with a view to purchase...like most of our loans are.

You mean like the 8m we will get for an out of contract Williams next Summer?

lollollol

All the players currently on loan and the players likely to go on loan are worth 10m at the very, very max.

But thats nothing to do with this transfer window, thats a matter for next.

I mean we have already tried to sell Mirallas once.................

Im just not OTT like a love struck teen mate... I call it as I see it:

If we underperform I'll voice my displeasure which was the case for the majority of the transfer window.

Or

If we do the business I'll give my dues as I have done all today and praised Brands for a job well done.

Likewise if we play well this season I'll support the players and manager

Or if we have a repeat of last season's results and performances I'll be calling for the managers head and calling the players useless so and so's.

No agenda's from me im just real pal.
Fair enough mate. Seems WUM at times but maybe that's just your posting style. This season will be an improvement on last season at least.

Window closes in two weeks. We've just seen about 11 through the door and more to come. They dont go for free many of them. We get money off them going. In short: the net spend figure cant be gauged yet. It most certainly WONT be £65M though. You can guarantee that.

I couldn't care if our net spend is -65 million , if mirallas is now richarlison , if funes mori is now zouma , if Williams is now mina , if klassen is now Bernard , cuco is now digne and anyone else gone is gomes. and with rooneys wages and those sold we still pay almost the same.
that's pretty damn good in my book.
but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating . lets see if we are more competitive in the following season eh.

Now is the time to SELLLLL

Sandro, Vlasic. See both of them going to foreign clubs (loan or permanents - I hope it's a loan for the latter).

Bolasie, maybe we could fob him off somewhere, same with Besic (probably on loan to a Champ side). The lads need to play.

Still feel Leipzig will make a late move for Lookman.

Rojo was due to come to us until it was clear United wouldn't get a CB.

We then moved for Zouma on loan as an alternative.

Yeah definitely this. Hopefully its a blessing in disguise and Zouma comes in and does a good job. I read a few Stoke fans opinions and they believe he looks good in a team with alot of possession but struggled in a team where he actually needed to defend.

He'll get my backing as he must be better than Keane and Jags...

Everyone chill. I reckon this is going to be the busiest deadline day ever and we will do alright.

Brands and Silva will know what we need - it's bloody obvious to anyone.

They will have lots of irons in lots of fires and they cannot physically force clubs to sell or players to sign.

Also no point in bringing in players because they are different to what we have - they have to be the right ones in their character and fit into the squad - we have got this wrong so often recently and can't afford to haemorrhage money the way we have.

We will add in the next 5 days, they will be good players and although they may take time to settle without a preseason with the squad, we will be OK.

We have a good manager and DoF and some good players.

One of the best young keepers in the world, 2 quality full backs, a really good front 4 and a decent all energy midfielder. We all know we need 2 CBs and a CM.

I think we will get them.

Chill.

I was right. We even got an extra midfielder in. Do I get my medal now?

Seriously though, I have learnt 2 things in the last 2 days.

1: There are lots of people who need to be more positive about the club.

2: We have proper people running our club who (dare I say it) we can trust.

Really looking forward to the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back