Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy(ish). It is still legitimate to question how good the signings are and how they've been paid for though isn't it?
Uncle Usmanov is supplying us and I don't care, These players are a risk like every signing is but they have a better chance to be better than the lark Walsh served up with Koeman.

Delighted with how the Club has done in this window.

Well done to all concerned.

I am disappointed that we let the Spuds get this lad though - not part of the window, but this could have been the next Coleman type deal for us. He is an amazing keeper for his age. Rovers will get a nice few quid and will benefit from any future transfers but I really would have preferred him being set up for Everton.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...citing-shamrock-rovers-teenager-37191372.html

not gone to spurs, off to city for 350 grand i think

Please show me the link. I can't recall Moshiri ever saying he wishes to sell his shares in the future. If I'm wrong then please accept my apology, no doubt you will offer the same if you cannot offer the proof.....
Just search for it. Let me assist you in that: google the following words "Everton - Stadium - Loan - Council - Investors".

Delighted with how the Club has done in this window.

Well done to all concerned.

I am disappointed that we let the Spuds get this lad though - not part of the window, but this could have been the next Coleman type deal for us. He is an amazing keeper for his age. Rovers will get a nice few quid and will benefit from any future transfers but I really would have preferred him being set up for Everton.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...citing-shamrock-rovers-teenager-37191372.html
Thought they'd made it illegal for clubs to do this to kids?

They are obviously paid by future cash flows from your imaginary outgoings. Perhaps if you stuck to facts people would think you're just deluded rather than mentally unhinged.
I haven't imagined them mate. They've gone and will continue to leave for the next two weeks in an effort to try and square these incomings.

There has to be room in any opinion forum for extremes. At one end relentless pessimism or doubt and the other wild optimism. It does not matter because they are just opinions and have no influence whatever on events. Events are dictated by other, managers, players whatever. At the end of the day some will claim they were proven right and others wrong. It is all hot air and we all do it. Naturally I hope the optimists are proven right but who knows?

Doesn't feel that way. It feel's like I'm dealing with giddy people who cant yet bring themselves to ask how it's paid for and how good these signings actually are.

5 prem teams spent more than us …. we spent 65 million net...… every player apart from virginia has played at international level and played for some of europe's top clubs.

if we sold Bolasie and besic today , our net spend would have been 44 million. we pretty much spent that on 1 player last year

Well bedwetters?
rovlta9.webp

It was nice while it lasted I suppose. I was very happy with how the window panned out and put my head down for a couple of hours in such mind-set. But I've awoken, and thanks to @davek, I'm now feeling a bit jaded. Reality bites I guess and the reality is that the carpetbagger is pulling the wool over all of our eyes and is exploiting Everton so he can line his avaricious pockets. There's still Capt Jags and Bainesy in the background scheming devious plots to undermine the manager and generally causing dressing room disharmony. And finally, and this is probably what grates the most, I'm fuming that Lukaku's no-show against France denied Bobby his opportunity to enter the pantheon of great, great managers by holding aloft the World Cup.
I'm feeling pretty down about things and after the excitement of early this morning (NZ time) it's turned out to be gloomy dawn.
Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back