Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy we've bought aggressive defenders. Especially if Zouma goes through.

No matter if they do make mistakes, they'll at least make it tough for the opposition.

Unlike last year where we were bullied by almost everyone.

Apart from a handful of defenders in world football most have a weakness of some sort. It’s hilarious the logic some people have commenting on Everton like ‘Mina isn’t the best positionally’ or ‘Zouma can sometimes switch off’ as though both aren’t miles better than Jags and Keane are. We’ve massively upgraded that area of the team. That should be the headline. Of course they’ll make mistakes, Van Dijk is the world’s most expensive defender and has made a bucketload of them (just no one mentions them), but they’ll make less mistakes than Jags and Keane will make and they will make more of a positive impact with the ball than either of them.

I'd hope that Bolasie leaves nd Lookman would stay, as the latter is a good talent, but it's more likely Lookman to leave and Bolasie to stay or both as you say.
Bolasie has effectively been frozen out, as he`s so far down the pecking order, he wouldn`t even make the bench now.

I`m with @orly on Lookman leaving, as for whatever reason it appears that his heads been turned in Germany.

Shame, but he`s, not the finished article and has absolutely no right to be first choice just yet.

Bolasie has effectively been frozen out, as he`s so far down the pecking order, he wouldn`t even make the bench now.

I`m with @orly on Lookman leaving, as for whatever reason it appears that his heads been turned in Germany.

Shame, but he`s, not the finished article and has absolutely no right to be first choice just yet.
He'll be the first choice over in Germany so it seems, however I'd have liked us to keep him to have strength in depth, for rotation and to generally develop him.

While our first XI has unequivocally improved and as such our bench has also to an extent improved, letting too many people leave may leave us somewhat short.

If we needed a goal or we were tiring, then bringing Lookman on would be a good choice. Bolaise? Not really. I'm less than content with the bench full of youth

Fair play to Everton; looks like they've done some serious business late in the window. The gloom from last season slowly being lifted. Be interesting to see if they can challenge the top 6 now as surely they have to break into that monopoly after spending some big money.

Only spent 60m so i dont think that's dependant on us finishing top 6. Still another 5/7 plauers to ship out in the next 2 weeks as well.

Excellent business in regards incomings, no complaints. I expected four in, so to get five (not inc. Virgina) is brilliant. Hopefully Zouma makes it 6 soon enough/

The main thing is the quality.

Yes, perhaps none of the incomings would be consistent starters for a top 6 side, but all of them are good enough to help us move towards bridging that gap.

They are all 25 or under, and all of them are in areas that desperately needed upgrading.

Now, if we can sort some more outgoings (Sandro, Besic, Bolasie) it's been a brilliant window. I do also have a feeling Lookman will be off, contrary to our stance, but we'll see.

I just have a feeling that Leipzig may blink and offer us £25m, and if Lookman thinks he's fourth choice, may force the move.

We'll see.

I think by the end of the month Lookman will have a fair idea of minutes he will be getting. I cam see him getting plenty of 20/25 minute spells and if hes getting rhat at the start of the season thats more than enough to allow his sale imo

oh god, do people still believe that guff?

How is it that guff?

The fans in the ground are the only ones the players will hear either getting on their back prematurely, or spurring them on to keep going when the game isn't going to plan.

Fortunately for tomorrow we'll have great away support in numbers, as usual.

Don't construe my comment as only fans that go the match are entitled to an opinion.

That's not what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back