Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still haven’t replaced him. The strikers of the top 6 is the main difference between us and them now. Getting a top class striker in is the next main challenge for Brands.

The problem is we can’t attract a known one on the market. We can’t do an Arsenal and pay 60 mill for an Aubemayang. We have to gamble like we did with Lukaku. Who says we haven’t already? How do we know Richarlison won’t develop into that top forward player hitting 20 a season? None of Firmino Mane or Salah were classed as top front men when they joined Liverpool. They’ve benefited from the system and shared goals around. There’s no reason why we can’t have a very good attack this season and then hopefully look to bring in the next striking prodigy if we identify them.

Still haven’t replaced him. The strikers of the top 6 is the main difference between us and them now. Getting a top class striker in is the next main challenge for Brands.

Entire midfield is the biggest gap moreso than striker I think (just cos its a bigger component of the team). Our first choice midfield three is now literally worse than two of the promoted teams

Entire midfield is the biggest gap moreso than striker I think (just cos its a bigger component of the team). Our first choice midfield three is now literally worse than two of the promoted teams

Fulham could be anything with their signings and as good as Neves is I’m not sure moutinho will pull up many trees in the premiership.

I think Gueye is very good but yes we could do with a top quality ball playing partner for him

Hopefully Marco tells Schneiderlin that he has three game audition to keep his jersey, or we'll be shipping him off come August 31st.

Hopefully Marco tells Schniederlin that he pays League cup football only this season and keeps him as far away from the first team as possible.

I don't see it as too much of a problem this season. Tosun isn't right out of the top drawer but he looks pretty decent. My worry last year was that he didn't have enough to really worry teams, only to put the ball in the net when he got chances , but the signings of Richarlison and Bernard along with the quality of Walcott should mean that we have plenty to keep defenders worried without him really needing to be that type of player himself. I think we'll need to upgrade to take the next step, but this is an attack that could (if the players settle and stay injury free) definitely push us towards the top 6.

Fulham could be anything with their signings and as good as Neves is I’m not sure moutinho will pull up many trees in the premiership.

I think Gueye is very good but yes we could do with a top quality ball playing partner for him

Isn't Gomes supposed to be that ? Or could Sigurdsson not become that, hopefully one or both of them will be the answer.

The problem is we can’t attract a known one on the market. We can’t do an Arsenal and pay 60 mill for an Aubemayang. We have to gamble like we did with Lukaku. Who says we haven’t already? How do we know Richarlison won’t develop into that top forward player hitting 20 a season? None of Firmino Mane or Salah were classed as top front men when they joined Liverpool. They’ve benefited from the system and shared goals around. There’s no reason why we can’t have a very good attack this season and then hopefully look to bring in the next striking prodigy if we identify them.

If Tosun is our biggest problem going into the next window thats a big plus, it's a big step up from Martina/ Williams. The lads fine, will be ok for a season or 2 and may surprise a few. I think he might score a fair few goals and still be sold next summer (I can see Palace/Southampton coming in with a big bid if he did).

The one to watch for me might be Dembele at Barca if he doesn't kick on. I could see us being a good loan option for him.

Gueye is decent (but very niche cos of how he plays) but Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson are average-bad

Sadly out midfield is miles behind - but we might have mostly sorted the defence and the attack in one window so midfield as well would be a big ask ha!

Fair play to Everton; looks like they've done some serious business late in the window. The gloom from last season slowly being lifted. Be interesting to see if they can challenge the top 6 now as surely they have to break into that monopoly after spending some big money.
That's what was said last summer after spemding even more money. We made a lot of signings that didn't come off last season and didn't buy back up or replacements for the likes of Baines and Jagielka. That's before you even mention the task of replacing Lukaku's goals. The rebuilding job was immense and on paper we've made a good start. We'll see how good once the new additions are incorporated into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back