Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't sign a player over 25 did we, even the loanees?
That's what planning for the long term looks like.

Didn't sign any brits either which is brilliant given the stupid inflated prices they were touted at. We have most of the exciting young ones anyway and could still field an all English XI

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jagielka Keane Baines
Connolly
Davies Dowell
Walcott Calvert-Lewin Lookman
That team would probably do alright in the championship like, because I know soon enough the media will start blasting us about our lack of Englishmen.

Although I'm fairly pleased with our dealings this transfer window I would like to point out that we're going to need to be patient with our new signings, only one of them has played in English football, and that was only a for a year. They need time to settle in, to adapt to the style of play in the Premier League.

Yeah, I doubt we'll see immediate results, I'll be gutted if we lose to wolves obviously, but I'll still be positive for the long term future. We've got a really exciting young core here which may take a couple of years like spurs to start coming good.

Agree with most of this, bar SniderRat being worth 25m, would be shocked.

Still think we will move a few more out this window, then a few more in Jan, think we should focus on a Striker in Jan personally, think we are a bit light there and probably CM, but signing a ST and CM is a big ask for a Winter window, our needs will become clearer by then anyway.

Am i right in thinking that we can only register a squad of 25 for the Premier league, or have i just made that up : under 23''s being a free pick?

If Tosun is our biggest problem going into the next window thats a big plus, it's a big step up from Martina/ Williams. The lads fine, will be ok for a season or 2 and may surprise a few. I think he might score a fair few goals and still be sold next summer (I can see Palace/Southampton coming in with a big bid if he did).

The one to watch for me might be Dembele at Barca if he doesn't kick on. I could see us being a good loan option for him.
There is no way Barcelona is going to loan us an 100M player. He's also a winger. How many more wingers do we need?

Am i right in thinking that we can only register a squad of 25 for the Premier league, or have i just made that up : under 23''s being a free pick?
U21s don't count I think. I had a post about it yesterday. Davies, Virginia, Dowell, Beni won't count. There won't be a problem I don't think.

Squad probably doesn’t have to be finalised until August 31st.

My take would be that the squad list would have to be in before the season starts.

Any outgoings after that date can only be replaced with players already at the club?

I don't know how it works.

When does the 25 man squad have to registered by?

Didn't sign any brits either which is brilliant given the stupid inflated prices they were touted at. We have most of the exciting young ones anyway and could still field an all English XI

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jagielka Keane Baines
Connolly
Davies Dowell
Walcott Calvert-Lewin Lookman
That team would probably do alright in the championship like, because I know soon enough the media will start blasting us about our lack of Englishmen.
Seen you do this so many times down the years

There's 12 players there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back