Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern outside of the CF position is that we have 2-3 of the signings not match fit.

Gomes
Bernard
Zouma

Anyone know their injury timelines?

Am i right in thinking that we can only register a squad of 25 for the Premier league, or have i just made that up : under 23''s being a free pick?

U21s yes, im gonna take a look at the squad shortly count how many HG players we have and how many people in the squad, I dont think its a problem currently, but we might have issues next summer if Jags, Baines and McCarthy are moved on, something to consider maybe.

U21s yes, im gonna take a look at the squad shortly count how many HG players we have and how many people in the squad, I dont think its a problem currently, but we might have issues next summer if Jags, Baines and McCarthy are moved on, something to consider maybe.
I'm sure by that stage the likes of Kenny, DCL and Lookman, plus Robertson and Connolly if they're back in the fold, will need to be included in the quad. So that's 5 of the 8 and Holgate makes 6. The year after Davies and Baningime will come into the equation.

If Silva is able to develop these youngsters to become proper first team squad players I think we should be ok going forward.

I'm sure by that stage the likes of Kenny, DCL and Lookman, plus Robertson and Connolly if they're back in the fold, will need to be included in the quad. So that's 5 of the 8 and Holgate makes 6. The year after Davies and Baningime will come into the equation.

If Silva is able to develop these youngsters to become proper first team squad players I think we should be ok going forward.

Yep ive just looked into it a bit more, we should be ok.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...is-thread-2018-19.103634/page-21#post-6500744

Yeah Sarri played a 4-3-3 at Napoli I believe but I haven't watched any of their preseason
I haven't seen much of them myself but he did play a back 4 in the charity shield, so you may be right.

But what about my other point, All 3 of them are deep lying midfielders from what I've seen. Do you not think playing all 3 in a 433 leaves the team a bit unbalanced. 2 out of 3 I can see with somebody like Barkley/RLC/Fabregas ahead of them.

With Bakayoko and Drinkwater too they do seem overloaded in midfield.

I've got to say, I don't really care too much about it but I am surprised at how lukewarm the reception to our window has been. We gotten 3 players from Barcelona and two Brazilians. If it were just about any other team I got to imagine there would be much more "this team means business!" being bandied around

I've got to say, I don't really care too much about it but I am surprised at how lukewarm the reception to our window has been. We gotten 3 players from Barcelona and two Brazilians. If it were just about any other team I got to imagine there would be much more "this team means business!" being bandied around

I expect most fans will be happy - I certainly am. I'm now looking at West Hams business and not so jealous as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back