Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Zouma, Digne

Compared to

Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Jagielka, Baines.

The 2 things I'd say with this steve, is firstly look at the ages. With the exception of Coleman (who plays to a high level now and is probably one of our only "top 6 players")but the other 4 will all improve but within a time frame that is not so far away it seems unachievable (like say Holgate, Davies, Kenny etc who the gap is a bit big).

The other is, maybe having the more solid players around him may help Keane. I have my doubts but it may do.

The problem is we can’t attract a known one on the market. We can’t do an Arsenal and pay 60 mill for an Aubemayang. We have to gamble like we did with Lukaku. Who says we haven’t already? How do we know Richarlison won’t develop into that top forward player hitting 20 a season? None of Firmino Mane or Salah were classed as top front men when they joined Liverpool. They’ve benefited from the system and shared goals around. There’s no reason why we can’t have a very good attack this season and then hopefully look to bring in the next striking prodigy if we identify them.

Fingers crossed Richarlison turns into something special. Tosun will get 15+ I think but the very top strikers are looking at 20+

Apart from a handful of defenders in world football most have a weakness of some sort. It’s hilarious the logic some people have commenting on Everton like ‘Mina isn’t the best positionally’ or ‘Zouma can sometimes switch off’ as though both aren’t miles better than Jags and Keane are. We’ve massively upgraded that area of the team. That should be the headline. Of course they’ll make mistakes, Van Dijk is the world’s most expensive defender and has made a bucketload of them (just no one mentions them), but they’ll make less mistakes than Jags and Keane will make and they will make more of a positive impact with the ball than either of them.
Have to agree with that
Even Ramos has his weaknesses
He’s inclined to go in for the odd rash tackle that will injure an opposition player and put him out of the game

On second thoughts that’s not really a weakness

Still haven’t replaced him. The strikers of the top 6 is the main difference between us and them now. Getting a top class striker in is the next main challenge for Brands.
Unless Brands pulls a rabbit out of the hat we are looking at 70/90 m for a top class striker.
Apart from the RS the top 6 all have a striker worth that much.

If Tosun is our biggest problem going into the next window thats a big plus, it's a big step up from Martina/ Williams. The lads fine, will be ok for a season or 2 and may surprise a few. I think he might score a fair few goals and still be sold next summer (I can see Palace/Southampton coming in with a big bid if he did).

The one to watch for me might be Dembele at Barca if he doesn't kick on. I could see us being a good loan option for him.
As if any Barca players would join us lol

Well, it's impossible to get an assessment debate going of what we have on our hands with these players just now or one concerning what has gone out the door money-wise and players leaving in relation to what has been paid for those arriving.

I realise people are still giddy with the days events, so that's maybe understandable.

I'm intrigued myself about the signings.

WTF does that mean?

Quality over quantity:

Ins: Richarlison (Watford, £40million), Lucas Digne (Barcelona, undisclosed), Yerry Mina (£28.5million), Bernard (free), Andre Gomes (loan)

Outs: Wayne Rooney (DC United, undisclosed), Davy Klaassen (Werder Bremen, undisclosed), Ramiro Funes Mori (Villarreal, undisclosed), Jose Baxter (Oldham, free), Conor Grant (Plymouth, free), Callum Dyson (Plymouth, free), Joel Robles (Real Betis, free), Luke Garbutt (Oxford, loan), Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray, loan), Shani Tarashaj (Grasshoppers, loan), Ashley Williams (Stoke, loan), Antonee Robinson (Wigan, loan), Kevin Mirallas (Fiorentina, loan), Callum Connolly (Wigan, loan)

Fourteen shipped out, including Williams and a baines replacement brought in. No wonder allardyce fell off his chair, everything he said was crap.

Although I'm fairly pleased with our dealings this transfer window I would like to point out that we're going to need to be patient with our new signings, only one of them has played in English football, and that was only a for a year. They need time to settle in, to adapt to the style of play in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back