Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to say, I don't really care too much about it but I am surprised at how lukewarm the reception to our window has been. We gotten 3 players from Barcelona and two Brazilians. If it were just about any other team I got to imagine there would be much more "this team means business!" being bandied around

Alot of pundits got burned last summer by saying how well we did last window.

They are not willing to make the same mistake twice

I hope I'm wrong but we can't play Sigurdsson and Benard in the same midfield unless we have a diamond of four.

Two of either Bernard, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Gueye, Lookman will have to sit on the bench.

The team starting tomorrow is probably going to be...

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Baines
Gueye
Schneiderlin
Sigurdsson
Walcott
Richarlison
Tosun

Two of either Bernard, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Gueye, Lookman will have to sit on the bench.

The team starting tomorrow is probably going to be...

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Baines
Gueye
Schneiderlin
Sigurdsson
Walcott
Richarlison
Tosun

Silva has pretty much said that no new signings will be part of the squad tomorrow mate.

I hope I'm wrong but we can't play Sigurdsson and Benard in the same midfield unless we have a diamond of four.
Gylfi has A LOT to prove this season. Bernard will start on the bench, but each game this spot is up for grabs. This seems to be the formula across the board including LB, CB and wingers. The only spot not up for grabs is starting striker and RB IMO.

Gueye playing the role in front of defence
Bernard in a free role behind Tosun
Sigurdsson playing in between Gueye and Bernard
Walcott and Richarlison on the wings
Gueye
Sigurdsson
Walcott-Bernard-Richarlison
Don't forget Silva said Bernard can play any position out wide or in the middle, so he can even play on the right in place of Walnut when he's injured or needs rotating. The best thing is we have good options, and not schite ones such as DCL on the left wing ffs.

Gylfi has A LOT to prove this season. Bernard will start on the bench, but each game this spot is up for grabs. This seems to be the formula across the board including LB, CB and wingers. The only spot not up for grabs is starting striker and RB IMO.

I think we'll see the real Sigurdsson this season, played in his favorite position.

Didn't sign any brits either which is brilliant given the stupid inflated prices they were touted at. We have most of the exciting young ones anyway and could still field an all English XI

Pickford
Kenny Holgate Jagielka Keane Baines
Connolly
Davies Dowell
Walcott Calvert-Lewin Lookman
That team would probably do alright in the championship like, because I know soon enough the media will start blasting us about our lack of Englishmen.

Take out Jags and Connolly and add in Baningime and I reckon your UKIP eleven might have just enough to avoid relegation.

I think Pickford's spot is pretty safe, like...

In fact, I'd say Tosun's place isn't safe either.
LOL. Yeah I think Pickford is a no doubter so much so I didn't even feel I had to list it. Tosun is safe in so much that we don't have a clear #2 in my opinion. We could force a winger or play either of Niasse or DCL ,but I think everyone agrees that means we're probably buying CF in January if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back