Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Yeah I think Pickford is a no doubter so much so I didn't even feel I had to list it. Tosun is safe in so much that we don't have a clear #2 in my opinion. We could force a winger or play either of Niasse or DCL ,but I think everyone agrees that means we're probably buying CF in January if that happens.

ST and DM/CM are the 2 areas I consider us "weak", no real depth or stand out quality there for me, would imagine it will be addressed at some point in the future.

Think the only new person in the starting 11 will be Richarlison this weekend, think Walcott may only play 45 minutes to an hour, as he is coming back from injury, Sandro may start instead of him. I think Bernard and Digne could be on the bench;

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Jagielka
Baines
Gueye
Schneiderlin
Sigurdsson
Walcott / Sandro
Richarlison
Tosun

Bernard was a number 10 converted to a winger by Fonseca. There's a video of his best bits playing for brazil on youtube which I fully recommend watching. He wasn't a winger.

Bernard has said that he came to us because of his conversations with Silva and his confidence that he could develop him further as a player. I wouldnlt be surprised if he told him he intends playing him more centrally.

Bernard at Atletico Mineiro

The guy on Adam's podcast, who is Brazilian, said he was predominantly a left winger in Brazil and that's the position he made his name in, although he can play all along the front line. I watched the clip and counted how many times he was on the left vs the right side. I made it around 18-10 in favour of the left side, which backs up what the Brazilian guy said.

1. Pickford (GK) 24
  2. Robles (GK) 28 ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK) 35
  4. Joao Virginia (GK) 18 ⬅️
  5. Coleman (RB) 29
  6. Kenny (RB) 21
  7. Martina (RB) 28
  8. Digne (LB) 25 ⬅️
  9. Baines (LB) 33
  10. Garbutt (LB) 25 ❌ (loan)
  11. Robinson (LB) 20 ❌ (loan)
  12. Mina (CB) 23 ⬅️
  13. Zouma (CB) 23 ⬅️
  14. Jagielka (CB) 35
  15. Williams (CB) 33 ❌ (loan)
  16. Keane (CB) 25
  17. Funes Mori (CB) 27 ❌
  18. Holgate (CB) 21
  19. Pennington (CB) 23
  20. Browning (CB) 24
  21. Galloway (CB) 22
  22. Gueye (DM) 28
  23. Baningime (DM) 19
  24. Schneiderlin (DM) 28
  25. McCarthy (DM) 27
  26. Besic (DM) 25
  27. Connolly (DM) 20 ❌ (loan)
  28. Klaassen (CM) 25 ❌
  29. Davies (CM) 20
  30. André Gomes (CM) 25 ⬅️
  31. Bernard (AM) 25 ⬅️
  32. Rooney (AM) 32 ❌
  33. Sigurdsson (AM) 28
  34. Dowell (AM) 20
  35. Tarashaj (AM) 23 ❌ (loan)
  36. Vlasic (RW) 20
  37. Walcott (RW) 29
  38. Sandro (RW) 23
  39. Richarlison (LW) 21 ⬅️
  40. Lookman (LW) 20
  41. Bolasie (LW) 29
  42. Mirallas (LW) 30 ❌ (loan)
  43. Onyekuru (LW) 21 ❌ (loan)
  44. Tosun (ST) 27
  45. Calvert-Lewin (ST) 21
  46. Niasse (ST) 28

In: 7 (Richarlison, Digne, Joao Virginia, Bernard, Mina, André Gomes, Zouma)

Out: 11 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru, Tarashaj, Klaassen, Williams, Robinson, Mirallas, Connolly)

Current Total: 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back