Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow is more of the same as pre-season then, essentially? Seeing as no Mina, Gomes or (maybe) Bernard?

Probably won't see Gomes till after the Nation's League break due to his minor injury, Bernard, Mina and Zouma could play a part v Southampton next week, Digne and Richarlison will likely start tomorrow

Wow! What a successful window. All the weak spots in the team that were so obvious to us all have been plugged and we desperately needed 2 new centre backs so I’m delighted Zouma has been confirmed. I think him & Mina will be a real threat off set pieces. Honestly think we’ll be very competitive now, no reason why we can’t give anyone a game. Up the toffees

When we have all players fit and available it’s the most balanced team we have had in the prem.

Going back to Moyes we were playing players out of position, square pegs in round holes and have been ever since until now.

Now we have strength down each flank which we haven’t had for so long. We have creativity which we haven’t had for so long. A threat from set pieces which we haven’t had since hinchcliffe to big dunc, pacy Athletic centre backs which we haven’t had for a while. A striker with the right service who can slot. Yes there is room for improvement still in certain areas and we need to give this team time to gel, but all the ingredients are there for this team to give us a lot of joy watching.

I am very much looking forward to this team developing this season, and dare i say it the most optimistic I have been for a very long time.

NSNO

COYB

Bernard at Atletico Mineiro

The guy on Adam's podcast, who is Brazilian, said he was predominantly a left winger in Brazil and that's the position he made his name in, although he can play all along the front line. I watched the clip and counted how many times he was on the left vs the right side. I made it around 18-10 in favour of the left side, which backs up what the Brazilian guy said.
Yeah. okay. The point is he can play across the line, and he isn't the type of winger that hogs the touchline.

Ha ha.

I hope Jordi alba does his cruciate and they have no decent back up.

Barca do seem to be very lucky with injuries. Compare that to us who have probably had half a dozen broken legs and cruciates in the last 2/3 years.
Its because they use steroids on their players... look in to it

Thought this was really good:

If you haven't watched it, try doing that core strength test that you always see in the medicals first lowering yourself down with control until you have to fall like this:

Screenshot_20180810-200742__01.webp

Now watch Bernard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back