Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Hunter in the Guardian.

Cut the Lookman bit out as that has it's own thread but: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/10/marco-silva-ademola-lookman-everton

Everton enjoyed a highly successful deadline day with Bernard, the Barcelona duo of Yerry Mina and André Gomes plus Kurt Zouma joining Silva’s squad. Zouma’s loan move from Chelsea was ratified on Friday with Everton having submitted the deal sheet before Thursday’s 5pm deadline. Silva insists all four arrivals convinced him they wanted to play for Everton before the deals were completed.

“The players did not come because they are from Barcelona,” he added. “We signed players because they thought we are a big club as well. All those we signed until now showed me they really want to come. That is important for me and the club. The market is crazy so that makes it difficult, but the players wanted to join us.

“For sure they have to be 100% with a big motivation to play [for Everton]. If they do not have that we would not bring them in. I am sure they come with this. I spoke to all of them, and from the first day when we approached them it was easy to understand what they were saying about our club. They are 100% committed to us.

"For now they have to forget the Champions League. They have a different challenge here, a big challenge.”

Thought this was really good:

If you haven't watched it, try doing that core strength test that you always see in the medicals first lowering yourself down with control until you have to fall like this:

View attachment 48827

Now watch Bernard.

Loved all the footage of photo taking/Twitter video filming knowing what the fume levels here were at the same time. Almost like this regime actually know what they are doing.

I don't agree on this at all mate. Yes, Wolves and Fulham have improved their midfields and I particularly like Seri who reminds me very much of Gana. But once the new players settle, depending on who we are playing I fully expect our midfield 3 to be any 3 out of Gana, Siggy, Gomes and Bernard. That has to be by far the best midfield outside of the top 6.

I know I'm pretty heavily in the minority here so I won't push the point too much. But I think our fanbase massive overrates Sigurddson because of his 'star' status (he really isn't good at passing creatively, or at least has never shown it) and Gueye (he is decent and looks busy but his mad headless chicken act comes at huge expense of exposing the DM when he's out of position so much, and is really average on the ball). Schneiderlin is probably just a lost cause. Gomes is just not really good at anything but is fine as just another body on the cheap I guess. We have no midfielders who can pass a bloody football.

Wolves - all three of Neves, Mouthinho and Dendoncker would improve us. Fulham - same goes for Seri, Cairney and Anguissa.

I've just been waiting since 2013 for us to buy a passing midfielder other than Gaz Baz and it's starting to get to me haha

I don't agree on this at all mate. Yes, Wolves and Fulham have improved their midfields and I particularly like Seri who reminds me very much of Gana. But once the new players settle, depending on who we are playing I fully expect our midfield 3 to be any 3 out of Gana, Siggy, Gomes and Bernard. That has to be by far the best midfield outside of the top 6.
Seri and Gueye are nothing alike other than being short and black

I know I'm pretty heavily in the minority here so I won't push the point too much. But I think our fanbase massive overrates Sigurddson because of his 'star' status (he really isn't good at passing creatively, or at least has never shown it) and Gueye (he is decent and looks busy but his mad headless chicken act comes at huge expense of exposing the DM when he's out of position so much, and is really average on the ball). Schneiderlin is probably just a lost cause. Gomes is just not really good at anything but is fine as just another body on the cheap I guess. We have no midfielders who can pass a bloody football.

Wolves - all three of Neves, Mouthinho and Dendoncker would improve us. Fulham - same goes for Seri, Cairney and Anguissa.

I've just been waiting since 2013 for us to buy a passing midfielder other than Gaz Baz and it's starting to get to me haha
OK mate. Not going to get into an argument with you over different POV. Let's just hope that I prove to be right and you wrong.

I agree with you to a degree on Siggy by the way. I don't think he's good enough as a playmaker to get us into CL spot, but I don't think the team as a whole is there yet. He will need to be replaced possibly next season. But I don't think he's as bad as you are making out either.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back