Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..possibly, but I very much doubt it’s a requirement. If we were in a rush to sell Lookman, then we’d have sold him. I’ve only been aware of loan bids for Niasse, but i’m not sure if Silva is keen to show him the door.

I recall earlier in the window when some posters said we had to sell to buy.
Playing hard ball on all these clubs looking to loan is my guess. I reckon minimum £30M back in by close of business.

I can see this net spend coming right down in the next few days. As predicted.

I reckon we'll see, conservatively, £30M for the sale of Niasse and Lookman with maybe our money back on Besic this summer rather than a loan to buy. Total: £35M. Bolassie's sale would be next summer after his loan I think.

So by the weekend I'd expect the net spend to be circa £30M-£35M - maybe less.

So then we have had a fantastic, value for money transfer window, where we have addressed the weaknesses of our disjointed squad. We now have a younger, fitter squad with a much better sell on prospects, unlike the mountains of wasted money last year on ageing, slow players. Don't you think so Dave ?

Stop being pedantic. You know your prediction of a mega net spend summer is about to be destroyed.

This window has fried my brain. Of the outgoings, we got money for Klassen, other than that, I cant recall anything other than buttons here and there.

So then we have had a fantastic, value for money transfer window, where we have addressed the weaknesses of our disjointed squad. We now have a younger, fitter squad with a much better sell on prospects, unlike the mountains of wasted money last year on ageing, slow players. Don't you think so Dave ?
As I said mate, I have no value judgement about it all. I stated early in the summer that we were in austerity mode, and while it's not classic austerity with cuts, it's certainly a drawing in of horns from what went before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back