Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if we were to sign one player who could make the difference for us then it would have to be a deep playmaker. Someone 'all action' who can do everything...
Im not being funny but we need an old fashioned striker who can actually net before we need someone creative.

He was a deep player at Empoli which is his position. Couldn’t get in ahead of De Rossi/Pellegrini so sold him for a profit when Zenit went all Argentina last summer.

Pellegrini hardly played last year IIRC? It was just that he signed for Roma and Paredes left (so kind of a straight swap?).

Roma's midfield was mainly De Rossi, Strootman, Nainggolan, was it not?

Signing Socrates and Mitrovic for the grand total of £38M would have transformed our season.

Those players are there and within our grasp. We just didn't try and get them. As per we dawdled and dawdled and got players out first and then they were gone.

Signing Socrates and Mitrovic for the grand total of £38M would have transformed our season.

Those players are there and within our grasp. We just didn't try and get them. As per we dawdled and dawdled and got players out first and then they were gone.

Sokratis of Arsenal?

It's a very Ashley Williams signing. He's not actually that good, and never has been. Isn't quick and lunges in far too often. He's also 30/31. Arsenal's defence looked better when he went off yesterday.

Mitrovic - Fulham, and the way they play, suit him. It would have been just as much of a gamble as anyone else.

All of the signings that we have made have so far proved hits, on limited exposure obviously.

Gomes and Mina - we can't judge until they are fit and good to go.

We needed two CBs and Zouma coming in helped, even though he made a few mistakes in the last two games.

Bernard will add another option to our play. Richarlison looks special. Digne has slotted straight in.

We had a ton of areas we needed to address but you can't simply legislate for goals drying up. Heck, had Tosun scored that one v Wolves he may have gone on a great run. It's fine margins at the end of the day.

Walcott has been one of our better performers at the end of the day and he missed one of our best chances on Sunday.

Sokratis of Arsenal?

It's a very Ashley Williams signing. He's not actually that good, and never has been. Isn't quick and lunges in far too often. He's also 30/31. Arsenal's defence looked better when he went off yesterday.

Mitrovic - Fulham, and the way they play, suit him. It would have been just as much of a gamble as anyone else.

All of the signings that we have made have so far proved hits, on limited exposure obviously.

Gomes and Mina - we can't judge until they are fit and good to go.

We needed two CBs and Zouma coming in helped, even though he made a few mistakes in the last two games.

Bernard will add another option to our play. Richarlison looks special. Digne has slotted straight in.

We had a ton of areas we needed to address but you can't simply legislate for goals drying up. Heck, had Tosun scored that one v Wolves he may have gone on a great run. It's fine margins at the end of the day.

Walcott has been one of our better performers at the end of the day and he missed one of our best chances on Sunday.
I watched Sokratis at Dortmund and he was a very good CB for them. He's competitive and senses danger and usually gets there to deal with it. We dont have that savvy.

I watched Sokratis at Dortmund and he was a very good CB for them. He's competitive and senses danger and usually gets there to deal with it. We dont have that savvy.
I watched a lot of Sokratis at Dortmund as well and I couldn't have thought of anything more opposite to describe him mate.

A decent defender and what I will give you is he can be a commanding type at his best, but Dortmund have leaked goals for fun over the last few seasons. They look a miles better side with Akanji (who if we're being picky, should have been a player we were all over in January btw) and Dialo at the back (two young CBs).

I watched a lot of Sokratis at Dortmund as well and I couldn't have thought of anything more opposite to describe him mate.

A decent defender and what I will give you is he can be a commanding type at his best, but Dortmund have leaked goals for fun over the last few seasons. They look a miles better side with Akanji (who if we're being picky, should have been a player we were all over in January btw) and Dialo at the back (two young CBs).
He's one of those defenders who can just stop the other team by fair means or foul and have the gravitas to avoid punishment. He is exactly what we need: an old war horse capable of getting a block in, taking someone down, getting strikers booked etc etc....what would we give for someone as match-clever as that?! All we have is a handful of babes in the wood getting the runaround each week.

He's one of those defenders who can just stop the other team by fair means or foul and have the gravitas to avoid punishment. He is exactly what we need: an old war horse capable of getting a block in, taking someone down, getting strikers booked etc etc....what would we give for someone as match-clever as that?! All we have is a handful of babes in the wood getting the runaround each week.
Hang on, that's exactly what we said with Williams?

Don't think he's in the best shape for our startin XI. Maybe a subs role:

socrates-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back