Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold Torres for £50m...

Walcott's a good player. He's 29, not 36.

Lozano looks a prospect and an excellent player, I'd love him here.

But, at the moment Walcott is a key player in what could be a brilliant front four.

That's why, if anyone is to go to bring in Lozano, I think it will be Lookman.

Lozano is quick, but he's not as quick as Theo, who is the only one of the four wide forwards we have on the books who actually has that sheer pace to get in behind (like he did v Bournemouth for his goal).
Sell Lookman (if he still wants to go), get Lozano in, give him the second half of the season to get accustomed to Premier League football, win the league next year.

Sounds like a plan, Marcel make it so.

Gana

Sigurdsson

Gomes

Keane/Zouma

Coleman

There's six

Stop thinking we're selling half the squad. It doesn't matter if we have three players that are 29, Zatman. They aren't ancient.

They also happen to be three of our best players.

None of those players listed should currently be in the managers or DOFs mid-long term starting 11s on paper.

None of those players listed should currently be in the managers or DOFs mid-long term starting 11s on paper.
Christ Xat you haven’t seen Gomes kick a ball and you are already writing him off
Barca bought him with the intention of being a first teamer
It didn’t work out for him there but he’was a good player at Valencia

I agree Zat. But I would call mid to long term 3-5 years. I certainly wouldn't be contemplating getting rid of Siggy/Gana/Seamus before the end of NEXT season unless their form warrants it. If they were still doing the biz for us I wouldn't even do it then.

To be fair the papers were all over Mina for weeks. The other three though spot on.
The papers were all over Mina because we put in a bid
As was mentioned earlier Barca leaked it to try and start an auction to raise the price
I’ve been impressed with the way Brands conducts his buisness so far
Under the radar wherever possible and will walk away from a deal (Tierney ) if he feels it’s not right
He will also hold his position and not be bullied into paying over the odds ( Mina )
I am curious as to what he will do to the academy in regards to recruitment and coaching staff

Not Everton related but I seen a piece on SSN this morning about Uniteds squad
11 first team squad members are either out of contract in the summer or United only have the option of a 1 year contract extension
How did Woodward allow this situation to develop is beyond me
No wonder they are looking for a DOF/ Technical Director

Zat blinkin oaf you are a fair dinkum head wobbler.

We aren't getting rid of Sigurdsson, Coleman, Walcott and Gueye. They are key players. Some players might come in (sure....) but they won't all be replaced for a few years to come. Jeepers laduddums you walk the life of a dreamland cof.

How Zat sees any player over the age of 25...

80C97A13-9B4F-404C-A71D-D97458BF8649.webp

What's mid-long term to you, Zat?

Because those players (- Zouma, potentiall) will be in our squad for the next two seasons (i.e. this and at least the first half of next).

Lets see how Richarlison does at CF for the next few games...

My guess is 2 more goals after Palace and Utd.

Don’t get me wrong , I hope he turns into a beast of a CF we are crying out for one and have Bernard to take his place on the left, that would be a dream scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back