Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard and Richarlison can both play on the right. We’ve got 4 guys for 2 spots right now including Lookman, we aren’t going to splash 40M on Chucky, nor do we need him as much as I like him. We have bigger needs.

Lozano plays on the left ? If so I think we have enough options there, unless richy continues up top. Richy needs a run of games there to judge him , but I feel his biggest strengths such as running at people etc are wasted up top, saying that he does have the attributes to play there, so a run of games might see him cement a place as striker in which case Lozano would be an option.
I've watched him about 3 times for PSV this year and he's played mainly on the right of a front 3. The wide men switch wings now and again but he's started on the right and played the majority of the game there.

He's looked good too.

They are in a massively difficult CL group and I think it's fair to say are likely to finish bottom. I can definitely see us going in for him in January and using the proceeds from selling Lookman towards the cost. Reckon it'll probably cost us £10m net.

Think he's going to be the next Hazard and hopefully we can have him for 2/3 years whilst he develops to that level.

Bernard and Richarlison can both play on the right. We’ve got 4 guys for 2 spots right now including Lookman, we aren’t going to splash 40M on Chucky, nor do we need him as much as I like him. We have bigger needs.
If somebody of his quality becomes available in January, which I think he will, we would be absolute fools not to go in for him. I agree the position is not our biggest need at the moment, but I'm sure we'll still have a suitor for Lookman and the opportunity to replace him with Lozano will not be overlooked.

How many papers had us linked with Digne Mina Ricarlison and Bernard till it was nearly done
Brands won’t conduct his buisness through the red tops
Ermm. Digne and Mina went on for weeks mate.

I agree that Brands doesn't do his business through the red tops but there's nothing we can do about the selling club and Barca wanted to create an auction situation, for Mina especially.

I've watched him about 3 times for PSV this year and he's played mainly on the right of a front 3. The wide men switch wings now and again but he's started on the right and played the majority of the game there.

He's looked good too.

They are in a massively difficult CL group and I think it's fair to say are likely to finish bottom. I can definitely see us going in for him in January and using the proceeds from selling Lookman towards the cost. Reckon it'll probably cost us £10m net.

Think he's going to be the next Hazard and hopefully we can have him for 2/3 years whilst he develops to that level.
I think he may cost a little more than that, but I agree we should be after him. I know some have said we have plenty who can play wide. But I think Brands will always have a eye on future.

I like Walcott, but he’s not top level for me and is 30, also who knows what will happen with lookman. And I think the chance of us getting him next summer or next January will be difficult if he keeps up his form. This January maybe the only chance we have.

I agree that Brands doesn't do his business through the red tops but there's nothing we can do about the selling club and Barca wanted to create an auction situation, for Mina especially.
That was after we made our bids
I can’t see Brands letting his targets becoming public knowledge before he makes his enquiries / bids for the player

that will always be the issue with dealing with clubs that size. They feel they hold all the power regardless of whether they are buying or selling so have no problem leaking news.
That said we weren't pushed around and got the players we wanted at the price we were willing to pay.

Theoretically we could sell Tosun, Niasse and Schneiderlin and not be weaker.
Sorry mate. Tosun is the only player of that type we have unless you look to the U23s. Playing a load of pace up front against teams that park the bus is ineffective because they won't get the chance to use that pace.

I'm not saying that Tosun is good enough for us long term, but against teams that park the bus he has to play. Until we replace him with somebody better in that role we can't sell him. I also wouldn't sell Schneiderlin until Baningime is fully fit with a bit of playing time under his belt.

I think he may cost a little more than that, but I agree we should be after him. I know some have said we have plenty who can play wide. But I think Brands will always have a eye on future.

I like Walcott, but he’s not top level for me and is 30, also who knows what will happen with lookman. And I think the chance of us getting him next summer or next January will be difficult if he keeps up his form. This January maybe the only chance we have.

He's 29

that will always be the issue with dealing with clubs that size. They feel they hold all the power regardless of whether they are buying or selling so have no problem leaking news.
That said we weren't pushed around and got the players we wanted at the price we were willing to pay.
Digne looks fantastic business. He's settled into a new league so quickly I can't praise him highly enough. Can't say for certain about Mina until we see him play. But I have a good feeling about him, and think he'll be fantastic at both ends of the pitch. Plus I think his character is going to turn him into a cult player with the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back