Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, back in me box and back to dreaming of Lozano.

Lozano plays on the left ? If so I think we have enough options there, unless richy continues up top. Richy needs a run of games there to judge him , but I feel his biggest strengths such as running at people etc are wasted up top, saying that he does have the attributes to play there, so a run of games might see him cement a place as striker in which case Lozano would be an option.

Top quality, intelligent DM/holding midfielder would be my main target.
Then in any order - an upgrade on RW, a striker with false 9 abilities; a CF.
Correct on all counts, especially on the first one. We need a holding mid as in yesterday. Someone like M'villa. Maybe make a play for Madrids Llorente too while at it.

BBC gossip column ( I know ) saying Tuson may go back to basiktas on loan in jan. Means we will be on for at least one striker even if richy has moved postion by then. Hopefully niasse will go too and we can get a decent proven striker in . Tuson hasn’t been crap imo and I think we could sell him to a lower prem team, I think someone would take him and 20m for a team trying to stay him a league that they will lose 150m if they drop out of , isn’t much of a risk .

Lozano plays on the left ? If so I think we have enough options there, unless richy continues up top. Richy needs a run of games there to judge him , but I feel his biggest strengths such as running at people etc are wasted up top, saying that he does have the attributes to play there, so a run of games might see him cement a place as striker in which case Lozano would be an option.

Looks just as good on the right + i think wed interchange on the counter anyway

Any positive links Eggs ?
Thought Spurs where frontrunners for him.

..there were lots of rumour in the summer, apparently the player has a £15m release clause but his club President was desperate to keep hold of him until December.

The indication was that he would be available for cheaper in January. Spurs were linked before us but somebody posted a tweet (I think it was a tweet) in this thread 5 or 6 weeks ago saying a deal was in place for him to join us in January. I don’t know how good that link was but with Brands contacts in S America there might be something in this one.

At least it’s a link with a bit of substance.

Who do you see him replacing in the current starting lineup? Davies? Gana?

..quite a few ‘ifs’ and ‘buts’, Bob. I just wonder if Silva wants a ‘less busy’ defensive midfielder with the discipline to sit in front of the back four in the same way Carsley and Barry did. We are wide open at times. Barrios looks the type who wins it and gives it to the playmakers.

Don’t think we’ll be signing anyone in January.

...a lot can happen between now and then (hopefully no injuries to key players) but I can see 1 or 2 coming in. Much depends on whether the players required are available. I don’t think we’ll be in as desperate a position as we have been previously, but I wouldn’t be surprised if groundwork is already done on a target or two.

..there were lots of rumour in the summer, apparently the player has a £15m release clause but his club President was desperate to keep hold of him until December.

The indication was that he would be available for cheaper in January. Spurs were linked before us but somebody posted a tweet (I think it was a tweet) in this thread 5 or 6 weeks ago saying a deal was in place for him to join us in January. I don’t know how good that link was but with Brands contacts in S America there might be something in this one.

At least it’s a link with a bit of substance.
Cheers mate must have missed the tweet , not seen too much but looked very good in the WC.

Lozano plays right or left. He played his last match on the right.
Agree on Richy. Ideally they're your wingers. But would leave Bernard and Sig in the middle at 9 and 10, which I think would actually work.
Whatever the case, if we want to get out of the mid table we need options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back