Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there’s the problem, if them 3 are still in our top 5 players next season, We will still only be the best of the rest IE 7th.

Siggurdsson still has a question mark against him, yes he’s started this season well but needs to carry it on.

As fir the other two, if we are serious at breaking into the top 6/4 and I’m sure we are. Gana and Walcott should be struggling to make the 1st 11, next season. and be Mainly squad players.

He doesn't.

Gana is the highest tackler, interceptor in the league. He's also our highest passer in terms of numbers and percentages (which is an issue of itself because it shows we need someone next to him).

Walcott is a superb option to have and he'd get in every other team outside the top six.

We want to push on, and that's why we've got Bernard and Richarlison, but none of them have the pace that Walcott does when he gets going. And that pace, mixed with his experience and knack of being in the right place at the right time in the Premier Legaue, isn't something found easily.

We've had one game where this front four has looked brilliant. Why can't we just see how it goes before saying we need to rip it to shreds like bad FIFA melts???

And there’s the problem, if them 3 are still in our top 5 players next season, We will still only be the best of the rest IE 7th.

Siggurdsson still has a question mark against him, yes he’s started this season well but needs to carry it on.

As fir the other two, if we are serious at breaking into the top 6/4 and I’m sure we are. Gana and Walcott should be struggling to make the 1st 11, next season. and be Mainly squad players.

The RS have Milner, Robinson and Trent playing regularly and none of those are exactly top drawer.

We have not had a proper system in place for years. Give every player time to develop and grow into a role and then see if they are good enough.

We have been a shambles for years but have some excellent footballers.

It just needs to click.

I think our top outfield players are Digne, Bernard and Richarlison and can see Mina being amongst this group also.

As you say, Sigurdsson (who ive always rated) needs to show consistency (as i posted) before hes classed as a 'key player' for us.

Coleman has been way below par compared to before his injury.

Gana i think has to be replaced with a deep playmaker who is a very good all rounder.

Walcott isnt top level.

I think some posters have a strong affinity to certain players and would rather we kept them until they retire but the problem with that is we cant make the next level step if theyre still in the team.

If we keep them as squad players then were also shelling out a fortune in salaries which makes little sense without top 4 finishes.

If we can add a permanent CB for when Zouma leaves and a permanent CM to replace Gomes then there are literally no first team spots to improve on (if coleman/gana/sigurdsson/walcott arent sold).

So, we either upgrade on those 4 or we sign squad players (which isnt a great idea unless theyre going to be pushing players out -- which posters dont want lol ).

Gana is literally our best player. I swear, some of you have never seen us actually play a game. Our side is putrid when he’s out.

I think our top outfield players are Digne, Bernard and Richarlison and can see Mina being amongst this group also.

As you say, Sigurdsson (who ive always rated) needs to show consistency (as i posted) before hes classed as a 'key player' for us.
We can't function without Sigurdsson in the number 10 role. 3 wins, and he has been best afield in them all. That makes him a key player.

If we can add a permanent CB for when Zouma leaves and a permanent CM to replace Gomes then there are literally no first team spots to improve on (if coleman/gana/sigurdsson/walcott arent sold).

So, we either upgrade on those 4 or we sign squad players (which isnt a great idea unless theyre going to be pushing players out -- which posters dont want lol ).

We'll always need to buy players to fill a vacant role somewhere on the pitch whether due to poor form, retirement, clubs poaching our players or long term injuries. Its impossible to know which roles will require replacements, because we live in the today, not in the tomorrow. And that is why "posted" are reluctant to agree with getting ready of players like Coleman/Gana/Sigurdsson/Walcott.

I mean seriously. Pickford may get a monstrous offer to depart to Utd. Richarlison may put in a transfer request to Real Madrid, Bernard might do his ACL, Mina hasn't even played for us yet and if Digne is really as good as he is playing, he will be attract suits around Europe as well. Granted - none of this will probably happen but as we move up, we play an increased volume of games due to European competitions and the likelihood of injury increases. Therefore we need a larger squad, and you can always build on players like Coleman/Gana/Sigurdsson/Walcott. There would be arguments against playing Gana at home against sides we should dominate and arguments for playing him when we have away days in Lyon. Further, isn't Brands best talent finding the best up and coming talent? They always need time to come into a squad. Like has been done at clubs which use this model i.e Dortmund & Leverkusen.

The point is replacing Coleman/Gana/Sigurdsson/Walcott isn't going to happen in 1, 2 or even 3 windows. It might happen over 2 or 3 years, naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gana is literally our best player. I swear, some of you have never seen us actually play a game. Our side is putrid when he’s out

That’s because Morgan snchniederfraud is playing mate. Ganas passing is shocking, and I don’t give a crap if he can pass the ball back to the gk and cb 90% of the time without making a mistake. Offensively it’s like playing with a man short, is actually go as far as saying , rather than just not contributing in attack, he actually stops moves as he’s terrified to pass forward and moves break down and opponents can get in position. He should be our Cm and he can break up play and all that but he’s not our best player. Maybe he makes the biggest difference to the team, because when he doesn’t play our CM is Davies and Morgan, but them being crap doesn’t mean gana is our best player. Gana doesn’t look “to good for us” digne, Bernard and richy all stand out and look like they could play a team in the top 6 . They are our best players atm

Gana is literally our best player. I swear, some of you have never seen us actually play a game. Our side is putrid when he’s out.
It really is incredible. The only game he didn't play in this year was the Huddersfield game and we looked like we had never played football before.

So you basically agree with me, as our best player in your mind, wouldn’t get a game for any of the top 6. And would struggle to make the bench for most of them

And our best player , again in your mind, can’t even pass the ball to team mates half the timev

So you basically agree with me, as our best player in your mind, wouldn’t get a game for any of the top 6. And would struggle to make the bench for most of them

And our best player , again in your mind, can’t even pass the ball to team mates half the timev
He certainly would be a player that Spurs would rather have than their current midfield mess and personally I'd have him over Fernandinho although Pep wouldn't as he doesn't quite have the technique for City. I'd also take him over Xhaka and whichever midfielder United decide to play with Matic and Pogba. That leaves Chelsea which he would get nowhere near and the RS which is probably a matter of system on whether you'd want him or Henderson. But if you are one of the people who doesn't rate Gana because he doesn't hit 70 yard cross field balls then I guess you wouldn't see him as close to any of these players.

He certainly would be a player that Spurs would rather have than their current midfield mess and personally I'd have him over Fernandinho although Pep wouldn't as he doesn't quite have the technique for City. I'd also take him over Xhaka and whichever midfielder United decide to play with Matic and Pogba. That leaves Chelsea which he would get nowhere near and the RS which is probably a matter of system on whether you'd want him or Henderson. But if you are one of the people who doesn't rate Gana because he doesn't hit 70 yard cross field balls then I guess you wouldn't see him as close to any of these players.
i stopped reading after Fernandinho ffs
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Go back to sleep

i stopped reading after Fernandinho ffs
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Go back to sleep
Have you ever watched Fernandinho play when he doesn't have the best midfielder of the last decade in the League and the current best midfielder in the League next to him? More specifically when he plays for Brazil? He's awful. He basically himself lost the Belgium game in the world cup and he is by far City's weakest link. I honestly think he would struggle if he played for us.

I liked the bit “ i’d Have him over feenandiho but pep probably wouldn’t “ so the best manager in the world prefers Fernandinho but a poster on got reckons gana is better
Ridiculous
I accept that I probably under value Gana. And it’s because I don’t think he’s nowhere near good enough for us to challenge the top 4. But a lot of fans on here are so the other way. Making out he’s a superstar

I liked the bit “ i’d Have him over feenandiho but pep probably wouldn’t “ so the best manager in the world prefers Fernandinho but a poster on got reckons gana is better
I meant it from a style standpoint. For example Conte might prefer Gana because of how he sets his team up.

Also Pep was actively trying to replace him with Jorginho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back