Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is if Richarlison plays out wide where does that leave Bernard? Personally I would go:

Walcott Bernard Richarlison

**new striker**

I doubt Silva will be dropping Gyfi anytime soon but Bernards too good to be left on the bench aswell.
We need Bernard, Gylfi, Theo and Richy playing together as often as possible. Dropping any of them would be mad.

But if I had to drop one, it would be Theo all day.

So Davies didn’t play my mistake. Its Gana’s thread. And I remember gana playing as it was his sloppy pass that led to the 1st goal.
And while we missed a few chances it still stands that our midfield couldn’t dominate the cart horses in their midfield. But let’s blame Schneiderlin

Any one who passes the ball back and sideways will have high pass completion stats. Just look at CB stats for most of the league.

I noticed you didn’t post the stats that would prove the quality of his forward passing
I’m gutted with didn’t sign the the kid from Uruguay that Arsenal signed, class above gana.

Also for 7mil you would imagine the top teams falling over themselves to sign him, but like you said the papers have said all the top teams have inquired, so it must be true.

Anyway that’s my final post on this thread. And like I’ve said I doubt he will be a regular in the team this time next year.

Because I don't CARE about his forward passing, you do, because you think he's a CM, which he's not. I think that was the third point you were wrong on, although it is somewhat subjective. As far as the forward passing stats, someone else claimed he had them, I'm sure they could produce the stats, so ask them. AGAIN, you said his transfer fee should have been higher, I was just pointing out that there was a relegation clause, which is why it was low. The interest was after the fact, I was just poing out why you were incorrect, which you were - three times, definitely twice.

And West Ham didn't dominate our midfield and I think you've already established that you didn't watch the game, but statistically they didn't, either. They dominated virtually nothing other than getting a couple of goals off mistakes. It was also not Gana's mistake that Cenk can't win a ball that was at his feet. That was hardly a bad pass. But AGAIN, you didn't watch the game.

Look, having opinions is fine, but don't just make up stuff to support some silly agenda.

Problem is if Richarlison plays out wide where does that leave Bernard? Personally I would go:

Walcott Bernard Richarlison

**new striker**

I doubt Silva will be dropping Gyfi anytime soon but Bernards too good to be left on the bench aswell.
Why isn't it that Gylfi has been too good to drop? Bernards has played a bit.

My concern is that Richy isn't that great as a CF, either. Gotta think that with a bit of a different player up top we'd score more. And look, it's OKAY to have a really good player on the bench.

Why isn't it that Gylfi has been too good to drop? Bernards has played a bit.

My concern is that Richy isn't that great as a CF, either. Gotta think that with a bit of a different player up top we'd score more. And look, it's OKAY to have a really good player on the bench.

We are not Barcelona mate we couldnt realistically expect a player of Bernards quality to be happy sat on the bench of a Mid table club every week as he'll eventually want out.

I personally think we have two excellent LW's and if both are to play its either Richarlison up top or Bernard in the no 10 role with Siggurdsson dropped to the bench.

In all honesty I would rather Bernard than Gylfi if it came down to it if Silva wanted a new first choice striker in January.

We are not Barcelona mate we couldnt realistically expect a player of Bernards quality to be happy sat on the bench of a Mid table club every week as he'll eventually want out.

I personally think we have two excellent LW's and if both are to play its either Richarlison up top or Bernard in the no 10 role with Siggurdsson dropped to the bench.

In all honesty I would rather Bernard than Gylfi if it came down to it if Silva wanted a new first choice striker in January.

How about Gueye, Bernard and Sig in the middle? Richarlison out left, Walcott right and Tosun up top (until we can find someone better)

He wouldn't have come to this club if he thought we were going to be mid table to begin with, nor did Barcelona offer up for him, so I'm not sure you are looking at things through the right optic.

But why on earth would you send Siggy to the bench, especially for a guy that hasn't played in the middle of the park much if at all. I also think he's MUCH better suited to the outside and really has very little experience playing in the middle of the pitch.

Look, I'm not suggesting Bernard is sitting on the bench every game, but I AM suggesting you play the hot hand and the better player. Walcott isn't going to stay fit, neither is Richy the way he's getting booted every game. They'll be plenty of starts for all 3. Play him and Richy ahead of Theo, fine, whatever. But don't sit Sigurdsson. If you want to experiment with Bernard in the middle if Siggy gets hurt, fine, but he's not going to be sat.

How about Gueye, Bernard and Sig in the middle? Richarlison out left, Walcott right and Tosun up top (until we can find someone better)
Again, why are we trying to play players in positions they've never player? Sig is not a box to box mid, and that's fine.

He wouldn't have come to this club if he thought we were going to be mid table to begin with, nor did Barcelona offer up for him, so I'm not sure you are looking at things through the right optic.

But why on earth would you send Siggy to the bench, especially for a guy that hasn't played in the middle of the park much if at all. I also think he's MUCH better suited to the outside and really has very little experience playing in the middle of the pitch.

Look, I'm not suggesting Bernard is sitting on the bench every game, but I AM suggesting you play the hot hand and the better player. Walcott isn't going to stay fit, neither is Richy the way he's getting booted every game. They'll be plenty of starts for all 3. Play him and Richy ahead of Theo, fine, whatever. But don't sit Sigurdsson. If you want to experiment with Bernard in the middle if Siggy gets hurt, fine, but he's not going to be sat.

We have been hit and miss with:

Walcott Siggurdsson Richarlison

All season but against Leicester we played some of our best football all season with Bernard on the pitch (his assist was also quality when he came on against Fulham).

I personally would keep the front 4 the same but if we bring a new striker in that means either Bernard is going to be benched or he'll be utilised as a no 10 with Richy out wide left which means either Gyfi sits out or is dropped deeper.

Last edited:
We have been hit and miss with:

Walcott Siggurdsson Richarlison

All season but against Leicester we played some of our best football all season with Bernard on the pitch (his assist was also quality when he came on against Fulham).

I personally would keep the front 4 the same but if we bring a new striker in that means either Bernard is going to be benched or he'll be utilised as a no 10 with Richy out wide left which means either Gyfi sits out or is dropped.

I'm happy with Bernard on the pitch, but what makes you think he's a 10? Has he played as a 10 a lot? If so, when?

And it doesn't mean Bernard is benched, it just means he'll rotate in with Richy and Walcott depending on the side.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are suggesting, I'm all for getting our best guys on the pitch, but not sure Bernard at the 10 is the right way to do that.

I'm happy with Bernard on the pitch, but what makes you think he's a 10? Has he played as a 10 a lot? If so, when?

And it doesn't mean Bernard is benched, it just means he'll rotate in with Richy and Walcott depending on the side.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are suggesting, I'm all for getting our best guys on the pitch, but not sure Bernard at the 10 is the right way to do that.
Am just happy tbh that we now have a few options and hopefully players will no if they don't perform there out the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back