Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although we are nowhere near peak form yet , I think that so far this season tells us something.
It's that despite the usual suspects bedwetting , we had a great window and things are , for once , looking positive.
When , in recent history, have we had threads querying what to do with Bernard / Iceland / Walcott / Rico, and how will Mina and Gomes get in the team ?
It's all really positive.
Many of the usual suspects are noticeably quiet at the moment too. Wonder why that is ? :oops:

If the one positive to take from the last window is the way Bernard, Richarlison and Digne have slotted so effortlessly into the side and shown their quality. Hopefully Mina and Gomes can follow suit. It gives me confidence that Brands is the right man to take us forward. He’ll have assessed first hand what we need to take us tho the next level and if it means sacrificing Lookman to net the top goal scorer we all crave then that’s what he’ll do.

After Gomes had played once or twice you will read this post back and beg forgiveness

I certainly hope so. He’s got all the attributes needed to succeed. He looks mobile and difficult to shift off the ball. I’m hoping he could be like dembele of Spurs.

Even though Barca fans were disappointed in him from what I’ve read his possession stats were very very good. He just needs a bit of confidence back in order to be more creative in his play. Silva seems like the ideal manager to help with that.

I'm sorry lads I just really don't think Fernandinho is really good. The last two Brazil World Cup losses he's been the worst player and when City struggle he tends to be one of the worst performers. When they click he does his job but he also has freaking David Silva and De Bruyne to help him.

You do realise that Bernard was Brazil’s “worst player” after that 7-1 against Germany , and he’s doing ok wouldn’t you say?

You do realise that Bernard was Brazil’s “worst player” after that 7-1 against Germany , and he’s doing ok wouldn’t you say?
I couldn't disagree more. Not that Bernard necessarily played well but David Luiz, Marcelo and as I said Fernandinho were responsible for the meltdown more than anyone else. But for Fernandinho it wasn't a one off as he also was largely responsible for both of Belgium's goals this time around.

But getting back to the very first point in this whole conversation even if you want to rule out Gana being better than Fernandinho I can still see him getting games for 3 of the Top 6 so why are we trying to replace him again?

Lozano has played 9 times on the left and 5 on the right this season according to whoscored.com.

He can obviously play on the right but he's used more often on the left, just to clarify on people making out he's been playing right wing all season.

Sorry I can’t believe There’s actually a discussion around whether Gueye is better than Fernandinho?! Stop it now. Fernandinho has been several classes above what Gueye will ever be not least because he can actually pass in every direction.

I couldn't disagree more. Not that Bernard necessarily played well but David Luiz, Marcelo and as I said Fernandinho were responsible for the meltdown more than anyone else. But for Fernandinho it wasn't a one off as he also was largely responsible for both of Belgium's goals this time around.

But getting back to the very first point in this whole conversation even if you want to rule out Gana being better than Fernandinho I can still see him getting games for 3 of the Top 6 so why are we trying to replace him again?

i dont rate Gana at all, his third touch is a tackle
despite his impressive stats teams seem to run through us with ease, we need a proper holding CM and someone who can do a bit of both really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back